Decorating a home on a budget is not at all a difficult task. All that it requires is a bit of imagination, flavored with creativity and dollops of patience. You need to formulate a plan first and figure out the areas that require attention. Remember, paint, fabrics and artwork hold the key for beautification of a house, when it comes to a restricted budget. They revamp the look of the house completely and also prove to be pocket-friendly. To minimize the cost further, you need to work on your own, rather than hiring outside labor. This would save the labor charges and also give your home a personalized feel. In the following lines, we have provided information on decorating your home on a budget.
How To Decorate Your Home On A Budget
- For walls, the best bet would be to use wallpaper. Apart from giving them a new look, it would also revive the spirit of your home and prove to be cost-efficient. Another option would be to create your own wall art. For this, use lots of stencil patterns, wallpaper borders and chalkboards and create interest in the room’s outer edges.
- Use mirrors for decorating the rooms. This is because they help brighten up a room and also create the illusion of space. Keeping a mirror at the back of artistic belongings helps in highlighting them from all sides.
- Instead of fixing an imperfection, which would prove to be a costly affair, look for ways to hide or cover it. A dark spot on the floor can be hidden with a rug. Similarly, peeled off paint, on the wall, can be covered with a nice wall hanging.
- For the cabinets, opt for repainting, rather than replacement. Painting would refresh the look of your cabinets and make them look cleaner and livelier than before.
- If your house is situated in a picturesque location, the best bet would be to explore the beauty of nature completely. For this, remove the curtains on the windows and maximize the view. Natural beauty draws attention and makes a house, a strikingly pleasant place to be in.
- Nothing looks better than a neat, well-organized house. Systematize everything in such a way that there is no clutter and everything, right from shoes to clothes to books, is placed in allotted shelves or drawers.
- Greenery and flowers are the best bet to beautify a house. Use a mixture of silk and fresh flowers to decorate your house. You can also highlight a specific area with potted flowers and herbs. This is an inexpensive, yet impressive way to decorate a house.
- Use a lot of fabrics - cover the dining room chairs, put slipcovers on fading couches, make fresh pillows covers, redo the old curtains and get new blankets and quilts covers. A new bed linen is also worth a thought. All these items would do a lot to refurbish the look of your house.
- Remember, paint creates a dramatic effect. You can paint the walls and the floor of your house with vibrant colors, to liven it up.
- For the lighting, illuminate your house by using hand decorated lamp shades. Get them from a discount store and place them in the dark nooks and corners of your house.