Magic Wand Crafts For Kids
Kids and fairytales have an association since centuries. Whether as bedtime stories or as grandma's tales, fairytales have always mesmerized children. In all the fairytales, it is the fairy, with the magic wand, that holds fascination for the tender mind of the kids. So, when it comes to kids' crafts, what would be a better option than the magic wand? You can make your kid jump out with joy by gifting him a magic wand. Your kid will begin imagining himself to be in the fairyland amid all the splendorous sights which he had always loved hearing or reading. Apart from being kids' favorite, it is also very easy to make and requires minimal effort. Read on to know how to make a magic wand and surprise your kid with one. In fact, your kid can also participate in the making process and thus have a chance to boost his creativity.
How To Make A Magic Wand
Magic Star Wand
- Take a piece of cardboard and with the help of a pen, draw a star on it.
- Using the scissors, cut out a star from the cardboard.
- Cover both the sides of the star with glue.
- Now, sprinkle the star with glitter, in such a way that it covers the former completely, on both the sides.
- Set the star aside so that the glitter gets settled on it completely.
- Cut the ribbon, in the same length as the straw.
- After the star is dry, place the ribbon behind the star, horizontally.
- Now, place the straw on top of the ribbon. Staple the star and ribbon to the straw.
- Your magic wand is ready.
Magic Moon Wand
- 24-inch Wood Dowel with 1/2-inch diameter
- 2 Yards of Ribbon
- Blunt Scissors
- Aluminum Foil
- Old Paintbrush
- Craft Glue
- Ballpoint Pen
- Sequins or Small Jingle Bells
- Take a ribbon and measure 24-inch out of it. Cut it out using the scissor.
- Apply glue on end of the ribbon and paste it on one end of the wooden dowel.
- Completely wrap the dowel with the ribbon. On reaching the end of the dowel, cut out the remaining ribbon piece. Glue the end to the bottom of the dowel.
- Make wand streamers by cutting varying lengths of ribbon and attaching the same on the dowel. Glue one end of the ribbon on the top of the dowel and leave the other end free.
- At the free end of the streamers, attach the jingle bells or sequins. This will give your wand a very attractive look.
- Take a small strip from the cardboard and paste it around the top end of the dowel. It should be pasted in such a way that it covers the ends of the ribbon.
- Cut two small slits in the cardboard facing each other. These slits shall hold the moon in place.
- Cut the shape of a smiling half-moon from the aluminum foil. Apply glue on one side of the foil and allow it to dry. This will give a stiff texture to the moon.
- Insert the foil into the slits of the cardboard and apply glue on both the sides to hold the moon in place. Your magic wand is ready!
How to Cite