Nothing beats an omelet, as far as breakfast is concerned. In fact, a nicely cooked omelet, along with baked bread and a cup of hot milk, can be described as the perfect start to a day. If the omelet has a good filling it, all the more better! There are endless options available, as far as the fillings of an omelet go. You can put in tomatoes, onions, cheese, potatoes, mushrooms, and a lot of other things. Amongst the healthiest of the fillings is the one involving spinach. Spinach omelet is also one of the best ways to make kids eat the nutritious green vegetable. In case you are looking for the recipe to make a spinach omelet, we have two easy ones for you, right here.
How to Make Spinach Omelet
- Nonstick Skillet
- 4 tsp Butter
- 2 cup Fresh Spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Fork/ Egg Beater
- Take the skillet and place it over high heat. Now, put 2 tsp butter in it and let it melt.
- Add spinach to it and sauté for a while, till you see the leaves wilting. Set the spinach leaves aside and drain the liquid from them.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add water, salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture with folk/egg beater till fluffy, but not frothy.
- Again, place the skillet over medium-high heat and put 2 tsp butter in it.
- As soon as the butter stops foaming, add the beaten egg mixture to the skillet.
- Leave the egg mixture for a few seconds, so as to let it set in. Thereafter, start running a spatula around the edges of the skillet.
- Make sure to lift the set eggs, so that the uncooked portion runs underneath and makes direct contact with the hot skillet.
- When you see the eggs looking set, but still shiny, remove them from heat.
- Spread the omelet on a plate and spoon the spinach mixture across its center.
- Fold the omelet into half and serve.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves (torn)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Salt And Pepper (to taste)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Stir in baby spinach and parmesan cheese. Add onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper for seasoning.
- Cook the egg mixture on a small skillet, coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is partially set.
- Now flip the side using a spatula and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Your baby spinach omelet is ready to the served. Fold the omelet into half before you serve it.