Whenever there is a dinner party at home, deciding the menu forms the first step in relation to the overall preparation. After all, it is one of the main things that the guests tend to remember, in case of a party. And when it comes to menu, dessert is the dish that most of the people look forward to, with maximum anticipation. Why not be a bit different this time? Rather than serving the vanilla cake or ice-cream alone, why not combine it with dark chocolate sauce? Sounds interesting, doesn't it? If yes, then go ahead and know how to make dark chocolate sauce.
Dark Chocolate Sauce Recipes
- 2 squares Unsweetened Chocolate, broken up
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- First of all, you need to put chocolate and water in a heavy medium saucepan and place it over low heat.
- Cook the water and chocolate, while continuously stirring with a rubber spatula, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chocolate gets melted and blends completely with water.
- Add sugar to the saucepan and again cook over low heat, while stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add butter. Stir the mixture thoroughly, until the butter melts and gets well blended.
- Add vanilla to the chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
- 2 one-ounce squares Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1½ tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream (or Half and Half)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- In the lower half of the double boiler, pour hot, but not boiling, water.
- Add chocolate to the top of the broiler, along with butter.
- Let the chocolate as well as butter melt completely.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, and salt to the chocolate and mix well.
- Add the cream and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture gets slightly thickened. Make sure to keep stirring the sauce continuously.
- Remove the sauce from broiler, let it cool down a bit and then stir in the vanilla.
- Your dark chocolate sauce is ready to be served.
- 2½ ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 6½ tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1/3 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 2½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- In the grinder jar of a food processor, put chocolate, cocoa, sugar and coffee granules. Grind them together for one minute, or until a fine mixture gets formed.
- Take a small saucepan and combine water and corn syrup in it.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high flame and bring to a boil.
- Now, remove the saucepan from heat and let the syrup mixture cool down a bit.
- Add the syrup mixture to the food processor, followed by vanilla. Blend well.
- Keep processing the ingredients together, till the time the sauce becomes smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a container and keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until chilled.
- Stir the sauce well before serving. In case it seems to be too thick, add a little water and mix well.