Hot chocolate, one of the hot beverages popularly consumed by people in winters, has shaved/chopped chocolate or cocoa powder as its main ingredient, apart from heated milk or water and sugar. Drinking a cup of hot chocolate, on a chilly winter morning, seems to be the ideal way of enjoying themselves, for many people. Are you are one of them? If yes, then why don’t you try making the beverage at home only? In case you are unaware of the fact, hot chocolate can be easily prepared at home, that too with a number of variations. Want to know more about them? Explore the recipes given below and know how to make hot chocolate in three different ways.
Hot Chocolate Recipes
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/3 cup Boiling Water
- 3½ cups Milk
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Half-and-half Cream
- Place a saucepan on flame and put cocoa in it. Add sugar and pinch of salt, followed by the boiling water.
- While stirring the mixture continuously, bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Stir the mixture for another two minutes and then mix in 3½ cups of milk. Heat it up well, but stop short of bringing to a boil.
- Remove the mixture from heat and then add vanilla. Pour into 4 mugs and add cream on top. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 dash Hot Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 cup Cold Milk
- Add chocolate chips and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high. Make sure to stir the mixture every 20 to 30 seconds.
- After the mixture gets completely melted and becomes smooth, add coffee, cinnamon, and hot chili powder and mix well.
- Stir in the cold milk and pour into 2 mugs (if you want, you can add more milk, to thin down the hot chocolate). Serve immediately.
- 3¼ cups 2% Milk
- 6 ounces White Chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, Beaten
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Put the chopped white chocolate in the top half of a double boiler and allow it to melt, while stirring continuously.
- After the chocolate has melted and become smooth, stir in cayenne pepper and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat an egg and whisk it into the melted chocolate, until smooth.
- Stir in one cup of the milk to the mixture and after it gets completely mixed, add the remaining milk.
- Heat the milk well, but stop short of bringing it to a boil. Pour into mugs and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Serve immediately.