What can be better than frozen yogurt, to beat the scorching summer heat? A delicious summer delicacy, frozen yoghurt is just a healthier alternative to ice cream. Lots of calcium and low in calories and fat, frozen yoghurt simply taste better than ice cream. And when its chocolate flavored, you just can’t hope for anything better. Undoubtedly, a healthier answer to ice cream cravings in the hot summer months! So, for all those chocolate ice cream lovers out there, there is no need to worry about the additional calories and fat. Just get ready to prepare some delicious and delectable chocolate frozen yoghurt delicacies at home. Easy to prepare, these desserts are free from food preservatives, unknown flavoring and colorings and tastes as good as (or even better than) a dollop of chocolate ice cream. Read on to learn the recipe for the same.
How To Make Chocolate Frozen Yoghurt
Easy Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Fat-Free Evaporated Milk
- ½ cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup plain Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine together cornstarch and white sugar. Place it in a saucepan.
- Add evaporated milk and chocolate chips.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly, to melt the chocolate and thicken the mixture.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Refrigerate the mixture until chilled.
- Once chilled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Your yummy chocolate frozen yoghurt is ready to be indulged in.
Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- 2 tsp powdered Gelatin
- 1¾ cups Skim Milk
- 1 cup Splenda (Sucralose-based Artificial Sweetener)
- 1 (17.6 ounce) container Yogurt
- ½ tsp Organic Peppermint Extract
- Green Food Coloring (as required)
- ¼ cup Cocoa Nibs or 1 piece 99% Cocoa Chocolate (finely chopped)
- Pour ½ cup milk in a large bowl and sprinkle gelatin over it.
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat and heat the remaining 1¼ cups of milk with Splenda, stirring frequently.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove and pour into the bowl of gelatin. Stir well, until the gelatin completely dissolves.
- Add yogurt to the gelatin mixture.
- Add peppermint extract and enough drops of green food coloring to reach the desired color.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add cocoa nibs or cocoa chocolate towards the end of the freezing time.
- Freeze to reach the desired consistency and serve.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen Raspberries (not thawed)
- 2 cups Low-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips (preferably mini)
- Transfer raspberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of freezing.
- Transfer the preparation into an airtight container and freeze till it has reached the desired consistency.