Wrist corsage is basically like a bracelet adorned with flowers, worn on the wrist. The fashion of wearing a wrist corsage was once amongst the favorite of young women. The style statement has made a comeback today and has started wooing the ladies once again. Amongst the most probable occasions where females love flaunting their wrist corsage are weddings and proms. Apart from that, even dinner parties see female wrists adorned with corsages. Today, we also see brides wearing a wrist corsage, instead of carrying flower bouquets. The reason being the free movement of hands it offers. Generally, corsages are purchased from the florist. However, corsages can be easily made at home too at the comfort of your home. it is not difficult to make and looks very elegant and lovely. Making your own corsage will help you match it with your clothes and you would save money too. Not only that, a homemade corsage will give you creative freedom and a vent to your creativity. Moreover, you would receive the appreciation and attention from everyone. You would be able to choose the flower or flower combination of your own choice. Corsages can be made any time of year and for almost all functions. You just need to keep in mind the occasion you are going for. As a very gaudy corsage will look awkward at a dinner party and a very simple corsage with few flowers could make a bride look plain. Corsages can be made of both fresh flowers and silk flowers. What else, you could gift these corsages to your friends too. it also makes a great wedding favors for a bridal shower. Explore the instructions given below to know how to make wrist corsages.
How to Make a Wrist Corsage
- Some Fillers
- Some Leaves
- Floral Tape
- Decorative Wire/Ribbon
- The first thing, which you need to do, is to choose the flower. It can be according to your dress. Roses, carnations, and orchids would be a good option for corsages. You could also use sunflowers. Also, make sure that you use additional floral accents such as baby’s breath etc as it gives a very elegant look to the corsage.
- With the help of the scissors, cut the stem of both the roses to a short length. You could also use silk flowers instead of fresh roses. Also make sure that you don’t make the fresh rose corsages much before the party as it can wilt or wither.
- Now, cut the leaves of the roses and remove the thorns.
- Cover the stem of both the roses with the floral tape, making it easier to shape them.
- Using the floral tape, join the roses together.
- Take the fillers and tape them around the roses.
- Take the leaves that you cut before and attach them on the sides of the flowers, with the help of the floral tape.
- Finally, attach the decorative wire or ribbon on the lower side of the rose bunch you have made. Use a wide ribbon for making the base to keep it from falling. You could also use a beaded bracelet especially if you are using the corsage for wedding.
- Your corsage is ready. Just tie it around your wrist and let it add to your beauty.