Pen gun, a weapon made out of a pen, is as harmless as the writing tool itself! Such a gun also serves as a safe alternative to the, comparatively dangerous, market-bought guns that your kids enjoy playing with. Still, it can pierce straight through tomatoes and spongy materials. The weapon can even go through an apple, if it is a high-powered one. The intensity and speed of the "bullet", mostly the writing part of the pen, is controlled by an elastic band adhered to it. Learn how to make a pen gun, with the instructions given in the following lines.
Build Your Own Homemade Pen Gun
- Elastic Band
- Carefully remove the ink tube (cartridge) of the pen and set it aside, for later use.
- Cut about a centimeter of the end portion of the pen, using a sharp pair of scissors. Cut the writing part of the pen as well. This will make it easier to fire. Make sure that you trim only the tip.
- After the above step, the pen will look like a hollow tube, which has the same width throughout its length.
- Get a thick elastic band. Cut it into half, so that the loop becomes a single strand. Mark a dot at the center of the elastic band strand.
- Secure the band onto both sides of the pen, using a tape, and then pull it downwards.
- Slide the ink cartridge down. While doing this, ensure that the nib of the pen is facing outwards.
- Grasp the end of the ink tube, which you slid out the other side. Bring the center of the elastic band strand, marked with a dot, onto the end portion of the pen. By doing this, the ink cartridge will be positioned in the middle.
- Your homemade pen gun is ready! To use it, hold onto the elastic band firmly and release it.