Making paper crafts is an exciting and interesting activity for the children as well as the adults. Paper boat is one of the easiest and most favorite paper crafts amongst children. The boat can be made in various shapes and sizes, from the simple to the intricate ones. Then, you have the paper sailboat, a type of boat that looks like the real one. The success in making the craft depends upon the way you fold the paper. Paper boat craft gives you immense opportunity to explore your creativity. It also enables the family members to spend some quality time with each other. We bring you the procedure to make a paper boat for your kid. Go through the instructions given in the lines below and learn how you can fold a boat to make it float in water. Make one for your kid and see him/her jumping out with joy!
Instructions For Making A Paper Sail Boat
- Take a medium sized paper, about 8x11 inches in size.
- Bring the bottom right corner of the paper towards its top-left corner and fold it there. This will give the paper the shape of a triangle.
- Tear off the excess paper from the 'triangle'.Unfold the triangle. It will now look like a square piece of paper.
- Now, bring the bottom right-corner of the paper triangle towards its top-left and fold it there.
- After unfolding the paper again, you will notice an "X" mark formed in it.
- Locate the "center" of the paper, where the marks meet.
- Bring all the corners of the square to the center of the paper and fold them.
- Locate the baseline of the corners of the squares and fold each tip in that position.
- Repeat the above step with each corner tip.
- Fold each of the corners underneath the paper.
- After folding the paper in half, bring each half to the top side.
- Repeat the above step so that the paper will look like a rectangle.
- Fold the corners of the rectangle downwards.
- Make three folds, each on both the sides of the rectangle.
- Your paper boat is almost done. Now, hold it and pull the two side of the paper apart, to unfold the inner side of the boat.
- Give the center a push through the opposite side, so that it remains steady.
- Spread the side covers of the boat. Your boat is ready to sail in water.
- Color your boat in an attractive manner. This will not only improve the look of your boat, but will also make it strong and increase its durability.
- If you want a lightweight and waterproof boat, use aluminum foil to make it.
- You can also make a boat last long by using waxed paper. However, you need to keep in mind that the heavier materials you use, the more difficult it will be to make the boat.
- Be patient while making the boat. You need to be careful with the folds and see that the paper does not tear anywhere.