Carrot cakes are quite popular in the United Kingdom and North America, in the form of loaf, sheet and cupcakes. Grated carrots are added into a simple cake mixture, which enhances the texture of the healthy, tasty dessert. The cake is usually garnished with white icing, such as cream cheese. Finely chopped walnuts, sprinkled on its top layer, make it all the more irresistible. Carrot cakes are available fresh in bakeries. If you want to bring about a homely touch to the dish, bake one at your home. Check out the recipe of easy to make homemade carrot cake in the article.
How To Make Carrot Cake
- 1 1/3 cups Finely Grated Carrot
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup drained Crushed Pineapple
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cups Caster Sugar
- 200 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2/3 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- Pour vegetable oil in a large bowl and add eggs, vanilla essence, grated carrots, walnuts, pineapple and caster sugar to it. Blend the mixture well.
- Sieve flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Add it to the mixture.
- Line the base and sides of a spring-form pan with a baking paper. Brush butter inside the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan.
- Preheat the microwave oven up to 180 degrees C.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated oven for about 55 minutes.
- To check whether the cake is baked, insert a thin-bladed knife into its center. The knife will come out without holding batter in it. This means that your cake has been baked thoroughly.
- Remove the cake from the pan and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Allow the cake to cool for sometime.
- Meanwhile, prepare icing for the carrot cake. Beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract and butter, with an electric hand-held beater, until it becomes smooth and fluffy. Add sugar to the mixture gradually, while still beating the mixture.
- Apply the icing on the cooled cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on the top of the cake.
- Your delicious carrot cake is ready to be served!