Summer holidays means you have kids at home, getting bored and creating all sorts of troubles for you. In such a case, any way to keep them busy comes as a boon for the mother. In case you have a child who is interested in the universe and its various elements, you can keep him occupied by building a simple telescope at home. Not only will he be engaged while making the telescope, but also spend most of the time using it, afterwards also. In order to help you do this, we have provided a number of tips that will help you build a simple homemade telescope. Read them thoroughly and know how to make a simple telescope.
Making a Simple Telescope at Home
- Cardboard Tubes
- Convex Telescope Lens
- Concave Telescope Lens
- Cardboard/ Styrofoam
- First of all, you need to go to the market and get two lenses, a large convex one and a small concave one.
- Next, you will be required to get two cardboard tubes of different sizes, such that one of them easily slides inside the other.
- Hold the larger lens in front of the smaller lens and by looking through them; try to figure out the distance at which both should be placed. It is the distance at which you are able to focus on an object in the distance.
- Now, double the distance that you have measured between the lenses. The length of the two cardboard tubes should be equal to this distance.
- Take the larger lens and making use of hot glue, attach it on one end of the wider tube.
- Next, get hold of the smaller lens and with the help of hot glue, attach it to the opening of the smaller tube.
- Using cardboard, build a gasket. In case the tube opening is larger than the lens, you can use Styrofoam for the same.
- Finally, make sure that the lenses line up with each other. The centers of the lenses should be in the centers of the tubes and they should be parallel with each other.
- Your simple telescope is ready!