Metabolism is a biochemical process that governs how quickly you can turn calories into energy. People who feel more tired than usual and do not have the energy to get through the day are likely to have a low metabolism. Low metabolism leads to weight gain and is caused by unhealthy foods, not getting enough water, less exercise and low vitamins and nutrients in your diet. Although, there are numerous diet pills available in the market for boosting metabolism and losing weight, but it is safer, healthier and better to increase your metabolism naturally. This will enable you to feel better, have more energy, lose weight and maintain a healthy figure. Read on further to know how you can increase your metabolism naturally.
Natural Tips For Boosting Your Metabolism
- Never skip breakfast. Have breakfast every morning to give a start to your metabolism. If you avoid breakfast, you will probably starve in the middle of the day and eat something unhealthy, which can slow down the metabolism rate.
- Prefer having 5 to 6 small meals in a day, instead of 3 big ones. You can have healthy snack foods in between the meals. Doing so can actually jump-start your metabolism.
- Include exercising in your daily schedule. Start out small, say by taking a 30-minute walk. Walk your dog once a week, if you have one. Opt for the stairs instead of the elevator, and park your vehicle at a distant from your office and walk the extra mile. Simple exercises will increase your metabolism and give you more energy to increase your exercise level.
- You can opt for cardio muscular exercises to increase metabolism. Cardio also helps in burning fat, thus helping you lose weight. Do at least 20 minutes of jogging, indoor or outdoor, to increase lung capacity and strengthen your heart.
- Consume 8 to 10 ten glasses of water per day. In case you are finding it difficult, start out small, with 4 glasses daily for the first week and continue till you reach 8 glasses a day.
- Include fiber-rich foods in your diet daily. Some of them are beans, oatmeal, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Having the right amount of fiber will naturally increase your metabolism.
- Apart from water, include green tea in your daily fluid intake to increase your metabolism and energy. If you are not a water-drinking person, you can have 4 glasses of green tea and 4 glasses of water, instead of 8 glasses of water.
- Have enough vitamins B and C in your diet. Vitamin B can be found in foods like lean meats, poultry, beans, whole grains, potatoes, legumes, yeast, yoghurt and milk. Foods with Vitamin C are oranges, orange juice, melons, strawberries, green peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, dark green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, red peppers, blueberries, raspberries and cranberries.
- Add a pinch of honey and garlic in a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink daily, to increase metabolism.
- Eat more proteins to burn more fat and weight. Foods rich in protein, such as egg whites, low-fat cheese, leans meats, chicken, and fish contain glucagon. Glucagon signals fat cells to release fat into the blood, thereby promoting its usage.