Give your gal pals a serious heart-burn this fashion season with your revamped locks and get those envious ‘wow’ blowing in. Waves are back and in a big way! An absolute must-have trend of this season, soft waves are bigger and sexier than ever. With the super-sleek strands becoming a passé now, the more tousled, not-so-perfect waves are the latest rage among the stylistas and celebs. Jessica Simpson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and ardent sleek-hair devotee Gwyneth Paltrow are going all big on waves now with piecey, smooth, soft waves ruling the day. Do away with that uh-so-unfashionable frizz and stick straight hair and roll your tress into soft waves for a more wild-eyed look. Now if you thought that getting this star-worthy blowout was an overpriced affair too big for your pocket, warm your heart to the fact that this extremely sassy, romantic twirl can be achieved right in the comforts of your homes. Read this article to pick your cues on how to get soft wavy hair and unleash the diva in you.
Tips To Get Soft Wavy Hair
- Are you tired of your dull, lifeless, stick-straight hair and looking for a change? Give your hair a face-lift this season with super-mod, super-sexy soft waves and let your tussock do the talking. Forget the high-drama curls or super slick straight hair and let your soft tousled waves make a statement this fashion season. Before you get on with the styling, just douse your mane with a hydrating, anti-frizz shampoo and follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner. Allow the conditioner to sink in for some time before rinsing it off with tepid water.
- Tilt your head upside down and gently detangle your tousled hair by running your fingers through it. Squeeze out the water by covering your head with a towel and then softly twist it to absorb the excess drip. Leave the towel on for five minutes. Don’t rub or bang your hair as it might only step-up friction and cause your hair to split, break and appear frizzy.
- Gently run your finger through your freshly rinsed and towel-dried hair to do away with the knots and the tangles. Stay away from brushing or combing your wet mane as it will only shove off your natural waves and leave your hair feeling all puffed and frizzy.
- Turn your head upside down and apply a generous dollop of curl cream or mousse through the washed roots and massage gently, starting from tip and going down towards the end. The mousse will boost the body and texture of your waves and keep the frizz at bay. Just remember to be generous with your mousse or cream. If your hair is exceptionally frizzy and unmanageable, palming off some anti-frizz serum to tame your mane might leave your hair feeling and looking great.
- To create those dreamy soft cascading waves, just twist your mane. Divide your hair into several small sections and begin by twisting each section separately, starting from the root. Twist all the sections and allow your hair to air dry for some time. You can also use a hair dryer with a diffuser to dry your mane. Once your hair is dry and crisp, just run your fingers through your waves to untwist the braids. Your soft, stylish and sassy waves are ready to rock!