Hair symbolize beauty, health, youth and vitality. However, not everyone is born with beautiful hair. Dull, dry, brittle or frizzy hair is unhealthy and unattractive. Even routine activities, like shampooing, brushing and blow-drying, if not done in the proper way, can damage your hair to a great extent. Just as we care about our skin, get facials and pedicures done, we need to take care of our hair as well. In this context, the most we do is shampoo it twice a week, apply conditioner alongside and assume that we are done. Some people are luckier than others, as they have smooth and shiny hair naturally. In case you are not amongst the lucky ones, do not get disappointed. Read the tips given below to know how you can keep your hair shiny and smooth, without emptying your pocket.
Tips On Having Soft, Shiny & Beautiful Hair
- Brush your hair with a soft bristle brush 2 to 3 times a day, in downward motion. Brushing your hair will evenly distribute the oils from the scalp to throughout the shaft.
- For healthy, shiny and beautiful hair, never brush wet hair. Hair is weaker when it is wet and tends to break easily, if not combed gently.
- To enhance the shine of your hair, rinse it with cold water. Add one tablespoon of vinegar to one gallon of distilled water. Use this to rinse your hair, after washing it with shampoo. Cold water will close and smoothen the cuticles, making your hair shiny.
- Mash an avocado in a bowl and add one tablespoon of olive oil to it, along with a teaspoon of baking powder. Mix well and apply it on your hair. Rinse your hair after 15 minutes.
- For dull and brittle hair, massage your hair roots with coconut or olive oil for 15 minutes. Leave the hair oiled for an hour and shampoo thereafter. The oil will strengthen your hair and give it a natural shine.
- Heat coconut oil for a minute. Break open a Vitamin E capsule and mix its content in the oil. Stir well and apply this to the scalp. Shampoo your hair, after an hour. Vitamin E serves as an excellent tonic for hair.
- Take yoghurt in a small bowl and add 2 teaspoons each of lemon juice and honey. Mix well. Apply it gently on the scalp and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with water and shampoo well. This will moisten the scalp, cure dandruff and add luster to hair.
- After shampooing your hair, use cooled tea water as a final rinse. It proves to be a natural conditioner for your hair.
- Mash a ripe banana and massage it into your scalp for 15 minutes. Leave it for another 15 minutes. Rinse with water and shampoo well. Banana increases the health of hair by two times.
- Beat 2 egg yolks in a bowl and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your scalp and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse and shampoo properly. This is one of the best methods for adding volume, shine and health to your hair.
- Pour a little mayonnaise in your hair and massage gently. Leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse and shampoo with care, so that the hair does not become greasy. This is the best method for getting instant shine in your hair.
- Rub lemon juice and apple cider vinegar into your roots, for a shiny look. This will also remove oiliness and frizz.
- Mix equal parts of jojoba oil and honey. Massage through your dry hair and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse and shampoo well.