Ringworm can be explained as a fungal infection that usually affects the scalp, body, feet and nails of a person. In case a person is infected by the fungus, a red ring appears on his skin, in any of the areas mentioned above. The worst part is that ringworms are infectious and can spread from one part of the body to the other. One of the major reasons for the appearance of ringworms is excessive accumulation of sweat in specific parts of the body that remain covered. For those who have the query of ‘how to get rid of ringworms at home’, this article is just perfect. Browse through the following lines and get a few home cures and treatments for ringworms.
Home Remedies for Ringworms
- Take turmeric powder and make a paste with water. Apply it over the affected area and allow it to dry. Thereafter, wash off and dry with a towel.
- Apply 3-4 drops of coconut oil over the affected area and massage gently. Do this 2-3 times in a day.
- Cut a lemon into half. On one of the two pieces, spread common salt and scrub the affected area with it.
- Apply myrrh essential oil over the affected area, a couple of times in a day.
- Dab pure vinegar on the affected area atleast three times in day and continue till the infection goes away completely.
- Cut open a green walnut and rub its juice over the infected area. It will help kill the fungus.
- Apply a light mudpack over the area that has been affected by the ringworm.
- Extract juice of 15-20 basil (tulsi) leaves and apply it over the concerned area. Wash off, after it dries completely.
- Make a paste of bay leaves (tej patta) by adding water, while grinding. Apply it over the infected area.
- Take a piece of raw papaya and gently rub it over the infected area. Repeat 3-4 times in a day.
- Mix carrot juice with spinach juice. Apply on the affected area 2-3 times in a day.
- Powder mustard seeds and make a paste with water. Apply over the infected area, let it dry and wash off. Repeat 3-4 times in a day.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar. Put it over the affected area and bandage it, leaving overnight.
- Cut off a portion of aloe-vera plant and rub its inner side over the particular area. It will bring relief from pain.