Dacryocystitis is a type of eye infection, which takes place the tear duct. It causes pain, swelling and redness in the inner area of the lower eyelid. The infection is diagnosed as an after effect of nasolacrimal obstruction. Symptoms of the infection include pain and redness in the inner corner of the eyes. Irritation in the eyes may lead to constant itching as well. The treatment for dacryocystitis includes warm compresses and the use of antibiotics. If you are looking for some quick natural treatments for curbing the infection, the tips given below will come handy.
Natural Remedies For Dacryocystitis
- Take a clean cloth and dip in it lukewarm water. Now, gently press the damp cloth on the swollen lump in your eyes. This will help get rid of the itchiness.
- Herbal eyewashes help a great deal in reducing the irritation caused by eye infection. One teaspoon dried ‘eyebright’ herb should be soaked in 1 pint of boiling water. After it cools, strain it to get the essence of the herb. Now, it is ready to be used as an eyewash.
- Make a warm compress of chamomile and rose oil and treat your infected eyes with it.
- Aloe vera is a herb with soothing effect. To soothe your infected eyes, soak a cloth in aloe vera juice and place it over your eyes.
- Placing cold bread over your eyes can also help in lessening the itchiness and inflammation.
- Eyewash that proves effective in treating Dacryocystitis is elderberry blossom tea. Make a decoction by brewing 1 teaspoon of dried elderberry blossoms in half a cup of water. Cool it and use it as eyewash.
- Moisten your eyes with artificial tears or glycerin and flush out the foreign body. Then, treat the clean eyes with aloe-vera eyewash.
- Boil two cups of water and add three tablespoons honey. Allow it to cool and then treat you infected eyes with the eyewash.