Coughing is the natural reflex of a body to feeling of irritation in the throat. There are basically two types of cough - Wet and Dry. The wet cough is often accompanied by mucus or phlegm while dry cough is one where there is no mucus and the throat hurts a lot due to dryness. Dry cough can arise due to plenty of factors like smoking, excessive exposure to pollution, dust or any other allergy, etc. The most effective treatment for dry cough is by natural and home remedies. These remedies have been proven useful much before medicines came into existence and became popular. Check out some popular natural and home remedies for treating dry cough.
Natural and Home Remedies for Dry Cough
- Extract the juice of ginger and mix it with honey. Take this 3-4 times a day for quick relief from coughing.
- Gargles are always effective for treating dry cough. Take some lukewarm water with a bit of salt and gargle. Alternatively, you can prepare a decoction of henna leaves for treating dry cough.
- Take a small and fresh piece of ginger and peel off the skin. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on it and chew it, taking the juice inside. It is very effective in treating dry cough.
- Take 3-4 balls of black pepper and with of caraway seeds with a hint of common salt. Suck on it for some time and you will notice instant relief.
- Take one gram of turmeric powder and mix it with a teaspoon of honey. Take this 3 times a day and dry cough will vanish away quickly.
- Prepare ginger tea by adding ginger when the water begins to boil and before you add tea leaves. Put in a pinch of pepper powder and 3-4 basil leaves. Drink hot and feel your throat soothing down.
- Before going to bed, drink hot milk with some honey. This will provide instant relief from dry cough and also make sure that you have a sound sleep.