Asthma, triggered by genetic factors, allergies, or stress is a chronic disease related to tribulations in respiratory tract. Asthma, which comes from a Greek word meaning ‘difficult breathing ‘ is a condition suffered by millions of people today including children. Feeling like fish out of water is the main symptom of asthma. Although medications are available for asthma, it is always better to go for herbal remedies, as they are easily available, are cheaper, and have few side effects. Read on the pointers to know the home remedies for asthma.
Home Remedies For Asthma
- Holy Basil is very good for Asthma patients. Few leaves of holy basil mixed with honey is a great concoction and is helpful in keeping asthmatic attacks at bay. You can also take leaves of holy basil with rock salt, if you feel breathless.
- If you are suffering from asthma and that’s in early stage then you could chew black pepper every night before going to bed. It will be beneficial and keep the attacks away.
- Mixing holy basil with black pepper and chewing it is also helpful for asthma relief.
- The concoction of lemon juice with ginger is also beneficial remedy for asthma.
- It is believed that old grinded turmeric powder (one teaspoon) mixed with a tablespoon honey works wonder for asthma attacks and is believed to work even when all other methods fail.
- Roasted gram with milk help in cleaning the respiratory tract and you can take it just before going to bed.
- You can also inhale steam of boiled water with carom’s seeds. It helps in dilating the bronchial passages and thus gives a relief in asthma.
- The brew of 10 garlic cloves with 30 ml milk is an excellent remedy for asthma. It may taste yucky but if taken once every day, works wonder for early stages of asthma.
- The yummy buttermilk with carom’s seed also helps in giving a relief in asthma attack. Add half teaspoon of carom’s seed (ajwain) to a glass of buttermilk and take it twice a day.
- Taking steam inhalation of lavender or eucalyptus leaves in boiled water gives instant relief during and after an asthma attack.
- A mixed juice of carrot juice of two measures with one measure spinach juice also works well in giving a relief in asthma attack.
- Phlegm creates breathless and to remove it take a teaspoon of honey with very hot water and sip it slowly without burning your mouth. It is a good home remedy for asthma attack.
- The mixture of fresh ginger juice with honey and fenugreek seeds is also a very good home remedy for asthma. Soak the fenugreek seeds in little water for overnight and then add honey and ginger juice in it and take it once a day.
- Massaging mustard oil with camphor helps in loosening up phlegm from the chest and aids in breathing.
- Onion is good in opening up congestion. A mixture of onion juice, with a teaspoon of honey and black pepper is good in alleviating breathlessness and in giving relief from congestion.
- A small spoon of bitter melon root paste or bitter gourd root paste with holy basil and honey is a great remedy in for asthma.
- With your everyday meals, take a glass of diluted lemon juice. It will help in keeping asthma attack away.
- Half teaspoon of safflower powder with a tablespoon of honey two times a day is a good remedy for asthma.