Are you fed up with your same old black or brown hair color? Do you want to get rid of your silver gray hair color? If yes, then the most obvious choice for you is to use any of the synthetic hair colors that are readily available in the market. However, these synthetic dyes and hair colors are loaded with ammonia and other harmful chemicals that can damage the health of your hair, making it dull, coarse, and brittle. In addition, prolonged use of chemical hair colors can increase the risk of other serious health issues including cancer. Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean you have to give up hair styling and live with your growing gray hair. There are many organic products that you can use safely to color your hair with. Not only will it give you your desired tinge, but it will also boost the overall health of your hair. To learn more about how to use organic hair color, examine the following section.
Image: Meredith James@flickr
Organic Hair Coloring Tips
- If you are looking for ways to camouflage your gray hair, then you can try this formula. Take water in a vessel and add some chestnuts to it and bring it to a boil. The nuts will release a dark stain. Cool the water and apply it to your hair. Leave it for 1-2 hours and then rinse it off. Your hair will get a darker tinge thus covering your gray hair.
- Henna is another natural organic hair color that not only helps to cover up gray hair, but can help you to get a dark brown tinge as well. You can add freshly brewed coffee and egg yolk to provide extra nutrition to your hair. Apart from being an organic hair coloring agent, henna is also a natural hair conditioner.
- To add a reddish tint to your hair, mix ½ cup of organic beet juice to ½ cup of carrot juice. Apply the juice to your hair and let it sit for at least 2 hours. Rinse off with cold water and blow dry hair.
- Rosehip is another natural hair coloring agent. Just mix one cup of rosehip with two cups water. Boil it for some time and then allow it to cool. Strain the juice and discard the rosehip remains. Massage your hair gently with the extracted juice. Leave it for a couple of hours and wash it off. Regular application of this mixture will help your hair develop a red tinge.
- If you want to color your hair with a dark red tinge, but want to avoid the harmful chemicals in the synthetic dyes, try using hibiscus tea bags. Just boil 4-6 hibiscus tea bags in two cup water. Cool the brew and apply it on your hair. Let it stay for one hour and rinse it off. You can adjust the number of tea bags depending upon the length of your hair and how much darker you want your hair to be.
- Marigold flowers are also good to use as organic hair colors. If your yard just had a bloom of fresh marigold flowers, pick some fresh flowers and boil them in water. Strain it and add one cup of red wine to the marigold extract. Gently massage your hair with this mix and leave it for one hour. Rinse off and blow- dry your hair for desired effects.
- If you want a darker tinge for your hair, then all you have to do is this. Make a strong decoction using black tea leaves and cherry bark. Massage your scalp with this decoction and leave it for some time for the color to develop. You can then rinse your hair for the desired effect.