Hair color is one of the best instruments that can help you transform your look completely. It can turn you into a bold brunette from a gentle blonde or change your tame brown hair color into fiery red. Though hair color can make you look extremely good, frequent using can stress your hair and at times, also dry them out. The worst part comes when somehow; the hair color goes wrong and gives a hue that is completely different from the one you expected. Whether done by a professional stylist or caused by a person experimenting at home, a bad hair color can definitely make people look funny and affect their self esteem. In such a case, it is better to go to a professional and seek his help. In the following lines, we have provided some tips for fixing bad hair color.
Image: Fifth World Art@flickr
How to Fix a Bad Hair Color
- If you got your hair colored from a professional stylist, it is better to go back to him immediately. The sooner he starts treating your hair, the better it will be for you.
- After you contact the stylist, it is better not to indulge in blame game. Anger or emotional outbursts will not get you anywhere. It is better to focus on finding a solution for your problem.
- Have faith on your stylist and let him try and fix the color to your satisfaction. Most of the professional stylists will promptly try to find a solution and ask you for no extra charges.
- If the bad hair color is a result of your mistake, in most probability, the stylist will ask you to pay up. In such a case, ask him about the treatment and its cost beforehand, so you have an idea about your liability.
Some More Tips
- It is always better to go to professional stylist to get your hair colored as well as to get your bad hair color corrected.
- Try to stick to the stylist who colored your hair. Since he colored the hair, he will definitely have at least some idea about the solution too.
- Do not try to fix the problem yourself, by resorting to bleach, other colors or color removal products. This can damage your hair beyond repair.
- Getting your bad color treated from a professional may take more than one visit. So, please be patient.
- In case it is totally impossible for you to go to a professional, contact the customer care of the hair color company. They will be in a better position to help you with the problem.
At times, it might be that there is no solution to your problem and you have to bear with a bad hair color for some time. In such a case, you can follow the tips given below, to minimize the problem.
- Go to a professional stylist and ask him to give you a short haircut, which does not accentuate your hair color.
- Applying hot extra virgin olive oil and washing your hair with hot water will help the color fade away quickly.
- Have a diet rich in proteins and pop some hair vitamins to help enhance hair growth.
- At places where you have uneven hair color, using accessories like hair clips, barrettes and jeweled hairpins, is a very good option.
- Finally, do not let a bad hair color prevent you from going out. Be confident of your looks and step out boldly. Most of the times, people will not even notice your bad hair color.