Bored of sporting the same hair that you were born with? Want to try something different from the usual? Why not go for an entirely new hair color? In case you are worried about choosing the right color for your hair, lest you end up looking like a clown, keep your fears on hold. We are here to help you in choosing the right hair color. All you have to do is go through the tips that have been mentioned in the lines below. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, browse through the rest of this article and know how to choose a hair color that suits you.
Choosing The Right Hair Color For You
- In order to choose a hair color, you need to first understand that hair colors are divided into a number of levels, on the basis of the shade. The darkest shade in the palette is black, while the lightest is platinum blond. By making use of a hair color, you can either retain your natural color or make your hair go two levels lighter or darker at a time.
- While choosing the perfect hair color, you will need to keep your skin tone in mind. If you are fair, but have pale skin tone, light colors will suit you the best, while the dark ones will make you look even paler. In case of fair skin, with pink tone, ash and light blond hair colors will work perfectly, while strawberry or golden blonds are best avoided. For the olive skins out there, dark colors, like deep reds and rich browns, will be the best bet.
- Planning to use a color for the first time or trying an altogether different shade for your hair? If either of these is the case with you, then it is advisable to go for semi-permanent color. While it lasts longer than temporary hair color, you will not have to roam around with a totally ill-suited color (in case you go wrong) for months at end. In majority of the cases, semi-permanent color lasts between 12 and 18 washes.
- If you want to change the color of your hair entirely, it is advisable to go only a few shades darker than your natural hair color, at least in the initial stages. For instance, if you have black hair, then consider opting for cinnamon or auburn hair, rather than blond. Do make sure to go through a small strand test before applying the color all over your hair. This way, you will have an idea about the exact results that will follow.
- Another aspect that you need to keep in mind, while choosing the hair color, is the amount of effort that you are willing to undertake, for maintaining the same. For instance, unless and until you are exceptionally blond, brunette is the color that requires the least of effort. While going blond, if you have even slightly darker hair color of your own, remember that you will have to indulge in regular touch ups and use of proper products.