Frequent use of nail polish is the predominant factor that leads to the discoloration of finger and toe nails. This leaves yellow stains on the nails, making them look ugly. Keeping healthy nails is vital because it symbolizes that you take care of yourself from head to toe. If you want to know how to whiten yellow nails, this article will be handy. Go through the following lines and check out the remedies for whitening yellow and discolored nails.
Whitening Your Yellow Finger & Toe Nails
- An easy way to whiten yellow nails is to use toothpaste. Take a little amount of toothpaste and scrub it on your stained nails, with the help of a soft toothbrush. Repeat the process two to three times daily, for a week. The process will remove the yellow color from your nails.
- Lemon is a natural astringent, which is used to remove tough stains from many surfaces. It can be used to whiten your yellow nails as well. All you need to do is soak your nails in a solution of one tablespoon of lemon juice, added to a bowl of water.
- Another option for whitening yellow nails is to rub lemon slices on the them. Repeat the process twice a week, to whiten your yellow and discolored nails.
- Mix one tablespoon lemon juice with the same quantity of baking powder, to form a paste. Apply a very small quantity of this paste on the center of each of the yellow nails. Now, buff your nails with a nail buffer and wash your hands. After drying your hands, apply a hand moisturizer.
- An effective way to whiten yellow nails is to make use of a denture-cleaning tablet. Dissolve the tablet in water. Now soak the nails in the solution, for about fifteen minutes. Rinse the nails with water. Repeat the process at least thrice a week.
- Mix three tablespoons of baking soda with one tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide, to form a paste. Apply this paste on your stained nails and leave on for about ten minutes. Rinse your nails with water, towel dry them and apply a hand moisturizer.
- A nail cleaner, apart from cleaning, restores the whiteness to discolored nails. Dampen a cotton ball with the nail cleaner. Rub the cotton on your nails. After leaving it on for about ten minutes, rinse your nails with water, to restore the sparkling white color.
- Remove the old nail polish thoroughly, with a nail polish remover. Now, dip your hands in a bowl of mild liquid soap, for about five minutes. Rinse your hands thoroughly with water. Next, wipe your nails to dry them, with a soft towel.
- You may also use lemon essential oil for the purpose. Soak your nails in a shallow bowl containing the lemon essential oil. Leave your nails in the bowl for a few minutes, so that the oil works on the discolored nails. This process would condition your nails, making them white and healthy.