Out of all the cleaning processes carried at home, washing windows seems to be the most dreaded task. Agreed, it is not a fun project to do, but you should know that it is vital to carry out the task occasionally, at least twice in a year. This is because dirt sticks to the glasses of the window very easily, making them translucent. If you want to know how to wash windows using minimal supplies and less labor, this article is right for you. Go through the following lines and get instructions for washing windows.
- Cleaning Solution
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Trash Bag
- Paper Towel/ Dry Cloth/ Squeegee
- Cleaning Gloves
- Beach Towel
- The inner side of the windowsills and frames should be vacuum-cleaned first. Make use of a dusting brush nozzle of your vacuum cleaner for the purpose. You would want to prevent the floor and wall from getting dirty. Therefore, spread out a beach towel along the sill, before you start cleaning the interiors of the windows.
- Dampen a sponge in the cleaning solution and squeeze away the excess detergent dripping from it.
- Start the cleaning process by gently wiping the window with the sponge, using a circular motion. Begin from the corners and move towards the center. This way, the dirt will start coming off the window.
- Dry the windows using a squeegee, paper towel or clean cloth. You can also make use of newspapers. Start from one of the upper corners of the window. Make sure that all the strokes go in the same vertical direction. Wear cleaning gloves while using newspapers to dry the windows.
- Wipe off any drips, using a clean dry cloth, and then dry the window to remove smears.
- Once your are done with washing the interiors of the windows, start cleaning the exteriors. Use a broom to sweep the sills and tracks of the windows and then dispose the debris in a trash bag.
- Repeat the above steps for washing the exteriors as well, except the vacuum cleaner part.
- After both the interiors and exteriors of the windows have been thoroughly washed, rinse the sponges and cleaning cloths and throw away the used newspapers.