If you have been diagnosed with a serious health condition lately and are losing every bit of your sleep and sanity vexing over it, you need to understand that you couldn’t have done yourself more harm than this! Stress, anxiety and negative mindset can often exacerbate your condition, making you feel all the more terrible and down in the dumps. While it is normal to feel strained and miserable when sick, a little mental boost can help you deal with your distress better and promise a quicker recovery too. It has been scientifically confirmed that a positive mental frame can help you deal with your sickness in a better way than all the medicine and rest. While it is easy to scoff at the idea, a positive mental frame can help you brave all the odds and come out of the sickness sooner. Here are some tried and tested ways on how to stay positive during a serious illness. Read on for a quick boost of health and happiness.
Ways To Stay Positive During A Serious Illness
- It is so easy to hit the dumps when down with ill health! Nearly all of us tend to slip into emotional blues when battling with sickness and frail health. Agreed, it is not possible to stay and feel upbeat when sick. Nevertheless, giving your mind an edge over your body when under physical distress can save you from hitting the dumps more often and speed up recovery too. Tune your mind towards more cheerful thoughts than cribbing over your poor health. This will definitely do the trick for you!
- Battling any illness is probably one of the biggest unwanted setbacks of life and dealing with it often warrants a good ambience. Surprised! When sick, human senses invariably go for a toss and need a more serene environment than a sick nest to actually feel good. The idea is to chuck the clutter out and create a warm, comfortable living space that looks more of a safe haven and less of a sick zone. You will be surprised to see what a calming effect a clutter-free space can have on a sick mind.
- When sick, the last thing on one’s wish list is to strain his/her nerves further! Sickness can sap out the energies out of you, leaving you feeling disturbed and demented. The ideal way to keep the blues at bay is to entertain yourself to anything that makes you feel good. It could mean watching your favorite DVD, inviting over your best friends, listening to your favorite music or even reading a choicest book. This feel-good factor can pull you out from the dumps like nothing else and help you to feel positive for long.
- You are what you eat! Thus, eating right when ill is one of the best ways to keep your spirits high. Eating right won’t just nourish your sick body with energy and nutrients; it will also boost your mood-factor and keep you feeling upbeat amidst sickness. Once in a while, just go for your comfort food, be it cereals, favorite sacks or even a bar of chocolate and give your mood a kick.
- Keep the gallon handy and guzzle plenty of fresh water as many times as possible throughout the day to kick out the toxins and depression too. Water not only hydrates the body, but it is known to boost good hormones. You will be surprised to see how water keeps your mood swings at bay and keeps you feeling good. Water relaxes mental stress and boosts good health. Thus, drink to your health and stay happy and positive all along.
- Feeling sick? Open your windows and breathe a whiff of fresh air and lose yourself to the enchanting view of nature. It is often argued how a scenic view can soothe your fevered brows, leaving you feeling really high and inspired. You can also bring nature in your sick room by adding fresh blooms to your vase every morning. This will save your spirits from sinking deep.
- It is sickening, but true! Most people tend to skip their daily bath and idle away their day tossing in bed when sick. However, remember that doing so will only make you feel all the more sick. Get rid of all your sickly feeling by turning on the shower and enjoying a warm splash of health and sheen. Bathing releases endorphins in the body that helps one to stay and feel shiny and new.
- It is easy to go all-aloof when ill and feel disconnected with the outer world. However, isolating yourself will only add to your woes. Rather, use your ill health as a perfect excuse to catch up with your old friends. Call, chat, send e-mails - do anything, but stay connected! This will make you feel loved, cared and accepted and help you fight with your sick self better.
- Last but not the least, laugh your heart out! Someone has rightly said, “Laughter is the best medicine!” Let the healing power of laughter soothe your anxious health and get you up on your feet soon. Laughing is known to produce happy chemicals into our bloodstream. So, for a quick mood-lift, just get hold of a comic book or a witty sitcom and laugh your way out of sickness.