Does your bathroom look like a cyclone just made a visit? Does it happen that if you drop a bucket of water, it gets collected behind slippers, rugs, soap scum, and other clutter because the vent is clogged? Then perhaps you need to re-haul your bathroom. Organizing the bathroom is very necessary so that every morning you don’t need to trawl among the clutter to find what you need. Forget the inconvenience, an unorganized bathroom is also unhygienic and unaesthetic. In Feng Shui the bathroom represents abundance and wealth and so it is very necessary that there is effortless flow of energy in the bathroom. This can only be done when you organize the bathroom. For many people the main hindrance in organizing a bathroom is, after they survey the clutter, is that they think that it will take a lot of time and effort. However, surprisingly it does not take more time and effort than say cleaning the bedroom. For that, you will have to start the task in a planned manner. Always remember that to organize your bathroom you will have to proceed in an organized manner. This will save you a lot of time and effort. To help you in organizing your bathroom read below for a few tips on how you can do it.
Tips For Organizing Your Bathroom
- Bring two medium sized boxes into the bathroom and place all the items from the bathroom counter, drawers and cupboards into the boxes. Don’t leave anything out.
- Now clean the whole surfaces of the bathroom with a wet cloth or sponge. Take special care to clean the shelves and drawers. Now, wipe all the clean surfaces with a dry towel.
- Start putting the items back from the boxes. Select those that you need and get rid of the rest. Start from the medicine cabinet. Keep all those things that are necessary but not used frequently.
- Then place all your decorative items into the countertop. Keep all those items that you use daily.
- It is better if you can install drawer dividers into the drawers. This will prevent the contents in the drawer from mixing every time you open and close the drawer. After installing, the dividers separate each section for different items. So, you can keep your shaving items in one, your makeup items in another and so on.
- The place under the sink is the best place to store bathroom-cleaning tools. Fix a mini cupboard under the sink and place those items side by side. Also, keep all the chemical bottles and extra bath items under the sink.
- If possible, you can construct turntables under the sink. This will make it easier for you to access the bottles and other items.
- In the cupboard under the sink, you can also keep various small items. Place all such items in shoeboxes and shut the lid. Then stack them in the cupboard. It is better if you label the items so that you don’t have to search all the boxes to find a particular item.
- In the shower area, you can keep a small basket to hold the shampoos and other items. You should also keep a separate area to keep all your wet and dirty clothes like towels, inner garments etc.
- Throw away all those products that are half used and you are not likely to use them again. The fewer items you keep the better it will look, as the bathroom will be less cluttered.
- The things that you think that you will need later should be stored. Keep them in boxes and label them. And don’t keep the boxes in the bathroom. Store them in some other place in the house.