“With this ring, I thee wed…” goes the ritual in a typical Christian wedding, reiterating the fact that a ring is a symbol of fidelity and commitment. This is precisely the reason why we cherish it so much. Also, for various reasons, people in Indian and all over the world wear rings that bear their birth stones or any other gemstone that might help them. Be it a wedding ring or a ring bearing a gemstone, it is imperative that the metal and the stone touch the body. Thus, it is important for us to choose a ring that fits us snugly. If the ring is too tight for a finger, it could be made loose but a loose ring cannot be made tight. It would be really helpful if we all measured our ring sizes before we went to buy rings. Check out how to measure your ring size almost accurately; the most accurate estimate can be made by the jeweler himself.
Measuring Ring Size
Here is the way to correctly estimate the ring size that would fit you most snugly:
- Cut a thin strip of paper.
- Wrap it around the finger that you need sized. Make sure it is below the joint of your finger and close to your knuckle.
- Mark the spot where the paper meets and measure the distance with your ruler.
- After you have measured the circumference the base of your ring finger, use a ruler to measure it in inches. After that, follow the ring conversion chart given below to know what your size is.
Here are some tips you could follow while measuring your ring size
- The first thing to note is that the width of fingers can vary very slightly based on time of day and temperature.
- Therefore to ensure that you get the best measurement you will need to measure when the finger could be at it’s widest.
- Therefore measure it when it is warm e.g. in the house rather than out in the cold or a cold room when the hand feels cold.
- Also, do it at the end of the day as tiny expansion may occur during the day!
- Then if the knuckle is a lot larger than the base of your finger then measure both and get the size in the direct middle between the two.
Ring Size Conversion Chart
- Size 4 is 1 and 13/16 inches
- Size 5 is 1 and 15/16 inches
- Size 6 is 2 and 1/16 inches
- Size 7 is 2 and 1/8 inches
- Size 8 is 2 and 1/4 inches
- Size 9 is 2 and 5/16 inches
- Size 10 is 2 and 7/16 inches
- Size 11 is 2 and 9/16 inches
- Size 12 is 2 and 5/8 inches
- Size 13 is 2 and 3/4 inches
- Size 14 is 2 and 7/8 inches