Perfection is the goal towards which women strive these days in the realm of personal grooming. Perfect clothes, perfect hair, perfect skin and the perfect body – this list has now even extended to include the perfect eyelashes. There are more and more women who are trying to dye their eyelashes to match their skin tone (although nature usually gives on the best match), and to look more glamorous. While there are some who choose to get this done professionally, many people prefer to use a home eyelash dye kit. The general procedure to dye eyelashes is to first cover the surrounding areas and then apply the dye to the eyelashes. After leaving on for 15 minutes, the dye is wiped off with plain water. There are dyes that last for just an evening, a week, or even a month. If you plan to dye your eyelashes at home, it is good to be equipped with the knowledge of how to purchase the home kits. Apart from this, it is vital that you are aware of all the dangers associated with eyelash dyeing.
Image: Carnie Lewis@flickr
Dyeing Your Eyelashes
How To Get the Right Eyelash Dye Kits
- Choosing the correct eyelash dyeing kit is vital since the wrong choice can be detrimental to your very sight. The following steps will help you make the correct choice:
- Choose the right color of eyelash dye. Quite often we tend to make choices in color which may not blend with our hair or skin. Therefore, it is good to get a trial done of the different colors that might suit you and take the one that is the best match.
- Purchase an eyelash dye only from salons that are authorized to sell them. Apart from the fact that these will be professional beauty products and therefore relatively safe to use, they will also help you to choose the right dye.
- Check for the ingredients in the dye before your purchase it. It is better to opt for one that uses vegetable dye rather than the chemical dyes because vegetable dyes are much safer.
- Do a patch test before you apply the dye. This will help you find out whether you are allergic to it or not.
- Follow the instructions on the kit to the letter.
Dangers Of Eyelash Dye
- Some imported eyelash dyes contain coal tar, which can lead to impaired vision, or, worse still, permanent blindness.
- Eye infections are quite common, since even vegetable dyes can cause swelling and inflammation at times.