Have you always dreamt of getting a flat stomach, but your beer belly threatens you? Unhealthy eating habits and regular alcohol drinking can lead to bigger waistline. A larger belly increases the risks of a number of serious health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart attack. The first big step to get a flatter belly is to cut down alcohol. To combat pudge around the middle, you need a lot of discipline and commitment from your side to improve your health. Give it a shot and the rewards of getting a flat stomach will be satisfying. Read through the following lines to know how to get rid of beer belly effectively.
Tips For Getting Rid Of Beer Belly
- Watch your diet and stop consuming sweets and junk foods like chocolates, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, coffee, soda, sugar and chips. In case you have children, give your cookies and chocolates to them in order to leave yourself with no choice but to have healthy eating meals.
- Cut down alcohol as it contains nothing but sugar and empty calories. You will find it easier to lose your beer belly by cutting down on alcohol.
- Munch on some snacks in case you will be eating outside your home. This will avoid you from eating feisty foods and overeating.
- If you are trying to lose weight for the first time, you might find it difficult to follow a weight losing plan. Opt for a low calorie diet as skipping meals will be of no help.
- Include lots of vegetables, fruits and foods rich in protein and complex carbohydrates. Start off with exercises like 20 to 30 sit-ups before going to bed. Follow this regularly every night and do not miss out a session, else you can bring back the beer belly.
- Set goals for yourself to reduce your belly. For example, if your waist measures 38 inches, target to make it 37 in the first month. You can move on to make it 35 in the second month and 32 in the next. But, do not aim for 24 if you are starting from 38. This is definitely not a realistic goal to achieve. Set only those goals which you and your body can easily attain.
- Lemon serves as your best friend when it comes to losing fat. Squeeze half a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. This is the best way to jumpstart your problematic metabolism and it also cleanses your liver.
- Have a hearty meal including protein drinks, scrambled eggs and unsweetened muesli for breakfast. Instead of the three main meals, have five small meals a day.
- To increase your chances of getting rid of beer belly, consume eight glasses of water per day.