Often, our eyelashes get brittle and dry due to various cosmetics and certain environmental factors. Eventually, they flake and fall out when not conditioned regularly. An eyelash conditioner increases the length and fullness of your eyelashes, giving them a luxurious sheen. It helps to keep your lashes supple and enables them to handle cosmetics and other stresses encountered by them. You do not necessarily have to spend a lot of money on purchasing expensive eyelash conditioners. They can be made at home as well, naturally softening and nourishing your delicate lashes. These conditioners can well be used on eyebrows too. Read the recipes given below and know how to make natural eyelash conditioner.
Homemade Eyelash Conditioner Recipes
- 3 parts Almond or Castor Oil
- 1 part Vanilla Extract
- Disposable Mascara Wands
- A small narrow-necked Bottle or Jar
- Pour almond oil or castor oil into the small bottle.
- Add vanilla extract and shake well.
- Dip a disposable mascara wand and apply it to your eyelashes as you would apply mascara. Apply the oil to your top lashes first and then to your bottom lashes.
- Ensure that the oil reaches the roots of your eyelashes, allowing it to moisturize and nourish the hair follicle.
- Apply the eyelash conditioner twice a day - in the morning, before applying makeup and at night, before going to bed.
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 1 tsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups fresh Sage Leaves or 1 cup dried Sage
- Pour water in a pan and put it on the stove.
- Add sage leaves and bring the water to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- For darker eyelashes, add a pinch of dried sage or sage leaves and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the liquid from heat and cool.
- Strain into a sterile jar, using cheesecloth.
- Cool it down to room temperature.
- Take a small-necked bottle and pour the filtered water in it, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add olive oil to the bottle, using a dropper.
- Close the lid and shake well. You will have to shake the mixture before every use.
- Apply the conditioner to your eyelashes and eyebrows every night or in the morning, using a mascara wand. It will bring out the color and shine of your eyelashes and eyebrows.
- 1 tbsp Beeswax
- 2 tsp Hexane-free Castor Oil (cold pressed)
- 3 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- A few drops of GSE (grapefruit seed extract)
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and add castor oil. Stir well.
- Add ylang ylang and GSE. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the preparation into an empty mascara tube and allow it to cool down.
- Before it cools down completely, insert the brush into the tube and remove it several times.
- Use this eyelash conditioner under the mascara or in place of it.