- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Hair forms a very important part of the personality of a person. While a glamorous hairstyle can add glamour to your look, a shabby one can mar your appearance to a great extent. Amongst the hairstyles that are in vogue in the present times is the hair twist. Apart from being easy to attain, requiring minimal use of styling products, it is also extremely stylish to look at. In case you are wondering how to make twists in your hair, this article will surely come handy. In the following lines, we have listed the best technique of hair twisting, just for you!
Hair Twisting Technique
- Wide Tooth Comb
- Rat-tail Comb
- Hair Clips/ Pins
- Styling Products
- First of all, you need to give a thorough wash to your hair and follow it with proper conditioning.
- Towel-dry your wet hair. Use a wide tooth comb to remove the tangles from your hair.
- With the help of a rat-tail comb, divide your hair into four equal sections. Keep the back section free and secure others with clips or hairpins.
- Run the wide tooth comb in the loose hair section and detangle it. Divide this section into one-inch wide parts. Take one of these parts and divide it into two sections.
- Sparingly apply styling product to these sections. Now, twist the sections around each other, all the way to the end. Repeat the steps till your entire hair has been twisted.
- Leave your hair undisturbed for some time, to let it dry properly. Your ‘twist’ hairstyle is ready to be flaunted in front of the world!
How to Make Senegalese Twists
Senegalese twists are just an advanced form of regular twist for hair. It looks very stylish and is not difficult to make.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and let it dry properly. You also need to give a proper conditioning to your hair to for getting a better twist. Towel-dry your hair and comb it with a wide-toothed comb.
- Now take a medium strand of hair. Make sure that the strand is straight. Comb it properly with a rat-tailed comb.
- Now you need to pinch the hair near the root. Hold the strand tightly and separate it from the root by clipping it a few centimeters away from the root. Be careful while doing so, or else you may pull out some of your own hair.
- Now you can start the twisting process. Twist the hair as you would do with the rope. Start twisting. After a few twist, it will itself start to double up giving you a second twisted layer on already twisted ones.
- Now fold the strand in half and let it double up on itself. Now fold it again by fetching the tip over your finger and back just before the root.
- Now take another strand and keep on twisting. The stand will take the shape of a braid with a circle at the end. You need to continue twisting until all the strands reaches the clip near the root.
- Fasten the strand with a filigree tube near the root. Your stylish Senegalese twist is ready to be flaunted at the next party.