For women, long, well-shaped and manicured nails symbolize beautiful hands. They take great pains to maintain the shape as well as the length of their nails, applying nail polish to beautify them further. So, you can very well imagine what happens if their nails gets broken, especially sometime before they are scheduled for a party. In case you are a woman and have suffered from the same problem sometime in the past, we have just the perfect solution for you, in the lines below. Read on to explore instructions on how to fix a broken nail.
Home Remedy For Fixing Broken Finger Nails
- Nail Polish Remover
- Emery Board
- Super Glue
- Nail Strengthener
- Nail Polish
- Fingernail Buffer (optional)
- Fingernail Clipper (optional)
- The first thing that you need to do, after breaking the nail, would be to use a nail polish remover. Get rid of any nail polish on your broken finger nail.
- Now, wash the affected fingernail, gently, in lukewarm soapy water. Rinse off the soap and let the nail dry thoroughly.
- If you feel that there is any part of the nail that is beyond repair, you can clip it and use a buffer to smoothen out the rough edges.
- Again, wash your fingernail thoroughly and let it dry completely.
- Making use of a toothpick, remove a very small amount of the super glue from the container.
- Again using the toothpick, apply a very thin film of glue along the tear. Now, press the two nail parts together and hold the position for a minute.
- Leave your repaired fingernail undisturbed for a few minutes, so that the glue gets completely dry.
- Use the Emery Board once again, this time to even out the breaks as well as the glue.
- Wash your fingernail with water and let it dry completely.
- Apply a coat of nail strengthener to your repaired nail and follow it with a nail polish. If the break looks bad, it would be advisable for you to use a nail polish in dark colors, like red and purple.
- After the nail polish dries, you can apply gloss on your nail. After a few minutes, buff your nail. Your broken nail has been fully repaired!