Come thanksgiving and it is the time every mom starts planning the feast, awaiting the rendezvous with her children, parents and other family members. Turkey is a bird that has its association with Thanksgiving going back a long while. Native to northern Mexico and the eastern United States, it is now found all across Europe as well. Though it is not known how turkey came to be an indispensable part of the Thanksgiving tradition, it is the main dish of a Thanksgiving meal. In the following lines, we have provided a homemade turkey dressing recipe, to help you make the perfect 'turkey' for your feast.
How To Make Turkey Dressing
- 1-pound loaf Sliced Bread
- 1 large Onion, finely minced
- 2 stalks Celery, finely diced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Take the bread slices and cut them into small cubes, around 1 inch by 1 inch. Make sure to leave the crusts on.
- Get a baking sheet and place the cubed bread pieces on it, forming a single layer. Keep them aside for around 2 hours, so that they dry out properly.
- Now is the time to mince the onion and dice the celery. Make sure that both of them have been done finely.
- Put the chicken stock and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and place them in the microwave until the butter melts and stock is hot.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the sage to the hot stock.
- Take a large, wide bowl and put all the dried bread cubes in it.
- Put around ¼ cup of the stock mixture on the bread cubes, so that they get barely moistened.
- Now, add the diced celery and onions and toss properly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add more stock to the mixture, just enough that the bread holds a ball shape when you grasp it in your hand.
- The dressing is done!