The delicious turkey soup is not just cooked as a Thanksgiving appetizer; it is popular throughout the year among those who love the delectable taste of turkey meat. Turkey soup is easy to make and doesn’t require any elaborate preparations, though it may take a little long to cook. The best part is that leftover turkey can be conveniently used to make this appetizing soup. In case you are wondering on how to use your turkey leftovers to make a hearty soup, follow the article to find some easy recipes and learn to make turkey soup.
Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1 Turkey Carcass
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Stalk Celery (chopped)
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup White Wine (dry)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 Peppercorns
- Cook onion, celery and carrot in butter and oil, on moderate heat. Continue to cook for 7-8 minutes or till the vegetables turn golden in color. Keep stirring.
- Add in flour and cook for 2 minutes, while continuously stirring.
- Stir in onion, celery and carrot in butter and oil. Bring it to a boil.
- Then, add turkey carcass (broken in pieces), parsley, bay leaf, thyme and peppercorns.
- Partially cover the soup and let it simmer for 1-1/2 hours.Skim any froth that rises to the surface.
- Sieve the soup with a strainer into a heated tureen. Press hard on the solids. Your turkey soup is ready!
- 1 1/2 cups raw Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup dry Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 tsp Thyme Leaf (shredded)
- 4 pinches / 6 shakes Nutmeg
- 4 tsp Salt
- 2 medium Onions (chopped fine)
- 2 large / 4 medium Sweet Potatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 3 tbsp Dry Parsley
- 2 packages of petite Green Garden Peas (frozen)
- 2 large bunches of Kale, Chard (chopped fine)
- 4 cups of Turkey Meat (chopped leftover)
- Mix all the ingredients, except the left turkey meat. Cook for 1- 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the meat only ten minutes before you remove the soup from heat. Simmer for ten minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
Ground Turkey Soup
- 32 ounces Ground Turkey
- 1 large can Tomato Sauce
- 32 ounces Water
- 2 Onions (one sliced and the other diced)
- 6 big-sized Potatoes (cubed without peeling)
- 32 ounces Beef Stock
- 2 large cans Tomatoes
- 32 ounces carrots (chopped)
- 6 Celery Stalks (with leaves)
- Salt and pepper (as per taste)
- Fry chopped onions, celery and ground meat in a frying pan. Drain extra oil and transfer the ingredients into a stock pot.
- Add in carrots, potato, sliced onions and ground meat. Stir it once.
- Allow it to simmer on low heat for an hour.
- Remove from heat and garnish with salt and pepper to serve.