One of the most hassle-free fabrics that are available in the markets today is fleece. It comes in a variety of weights and is a breathing fabric. It is the ideal fabric to make blankets from, to keep you warm and cozy on chilly nights. In fact, a no-sew fleece blanket can be the ideal gift to your family, more so when you make it yourself. Yes, even if your sewing skills are close to non-existent, you can easily make fleece blankets! Wondering how? This is where we come in the scene. Given below are easy step-by-step instructions that will tell you how to make no sew fleece blankets, right within the comforts of your home. What else, you can even chose the size of fringe based on your personal preference and as per the look that you want. So, start making blankets from this moment onwards and give them away as gifts! Your family will love it!
Making No Sew Fleece Blanket
Fringed No Sew Fleece Blanket
- Two 2-yard pieces of Fleece
- Sewing Pins or Safety Pins
- Place the two pieces of fleece in front of you, on top of each other, with the noticeable right side facing out.
- Pin the sides together with sewing pins or safety pins, keeping a distance of 4 inches from the edge.
- In case you are using readymade blankets, cut off the woven edges with a sharp pair of scissors. Cut it neatly, with precision, making sure that the edges of both blankets are cut evenly.
- From each corner, measure a 4-inch square and cut it out. Now, cut four-inch long strips, going all the way around the blanket. Be sure you leave an inch between the cuts.
- The strips that you cut from the top piece should now be tied with the matching strips you have from the bottom. This will give the blanket a fringed look. Your no-sew fleece blanket is ready!
Simple Knotted Patchwork No Sew Fleece Blanket
- 13X13 inch piece of Fleece
- Sewing Pins
- Cut out the three inch square of fleece out of each corner and cut 3X1 - inch fringe around all four edges of the square.
- Now, tie two fleece pieces together, using a square knot, till there is a row of 6 squares.
- Continue the process by tying a second row of squares and then tying the two long tows together. Repeat the steps until the blanket is complete.
- The finishing touches should be given with care, so that they are easy to maintain.
- Check the width of the fleece to make sure that they are same.
- Buying the fleece in the off-season or during the discount ensures saving of a lot of money. If you are planning to gift the blankets on some occasion, buy them in bulk.
- Choose the size of the fabric as per the person for whom it is being made. You can choose from the wide variety of fleece available in the market.
- The knots you are tying should be super-tight, so that they do not open up later on, causing undue trouble.
- To make the fleece blanket look even, tie the knot leaving one knot in between. Now, flip the blanket and tie the remaining knot. This will give the blanket no right-side look.