Soap is an essential household item and nowadays most people prefer liquid soap to the ordinary bar soap because this form of soap is purer than its counterparts and helps to clean hands properly without spreading any kind of germs. The one and only disadvantage of the liquid soap is that they are expensive than the soap bars. However, you can make your own liquid soap in your home without making a hole in your pocket. Yes, the recipe for the homemade liquid soap is really simple and inexpensive. A bar soap, honey, glycerin and some herbs are the only ingredients you need to make a liquid soap. The making of a liquid soap can also be a great hobby for you. There are people who made a good fortune out of homemade liquid soaps. Read on the article to know how to make liquid soap.
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Liquid Hand Soap Recipe 1
- 1 Bucket
- 1 Bar grated white scented oil free soap
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 cup Washing soda
- Take a saucepan, put grated soap in it and add enough water to cover the soap.
- Use medium heat to melt the soap and your primary goal should be the dissolution of the soap.
- Stir the liquid continuously and make sure that it is not getting boiled.
- Take the bucket and pour three gallons of hot water into it. Then add the soapy water prepared in the saucepan.
- You can gently stir the mixture in the bucket and gradually add washing soda.
- Stir continuously until everything is dissolved and then leave it aside to cool.
- After cooling, you can put your soap into a dispenser pump. Shake it well before use.
Liquid Hand Soap Recipe 2
- Grated bar soap
- I tbsp Honey
- I tbsp Glycerin
- Storage container
- Pump dispenser
- As a first step, you should grate one bar of soap. (It is good to use your favorite brand of soap)
- Pour one cup of boiling water into a blender with the grated soap and set it on whip.
- Add honey and glycerin to the above solution and stir the mixture properly.
- Now, keep the mixture aside and let it cool for almost 20 minutes and then whip it again.
- Add cold water to the mixture until it measures 6 cups in total. Then, whip it again.
- Pour the mixture into a storage container without the lid and leave it aside to cool.
- Now you should fill a pump dispenser with your soap. You must also make sure to shake well before using.
Liquid Hand Soap Recipe 3
- 3.5 ounces distilled water
- 1 tablespoon Yucca root
- 1 tablespoon of an herb of your choice
- Dispenser pump
- Non-scented shampoo bar
- Vegetable glycerin
- Boil water and put the herbs in it for infusion. It might take almost 15 to 20 minutes for the herbs to get infused. Then, strain the herbs and set the liquid aside.
- After that, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin to the herbal infusion. Then you should grate one plain, non-scented shampoo bar (3.5 ounces) and put it into a saucepan. After that, you can add 14 ounces of water.
- Bring the water and shampoo to a boil and then reduce the heat after all the gratings are dissolved.
- In the last stage, you should add the water mixture/ liquid shampoo to the herbal infusion. You can add a few drops of your favorite scented oil.
- Leave it aside to cool and store it in a dispenser pump.