One of the things that kids love to play with is a bean bag. It makes the perfect accessories for a number of games, like ‘Passing the Parcel’, in which you can use the bean bag to pass around the players. Then, you have the ‘Bean Bag Toss’, in which the kids try to throw the bean bag through a hole on the board. The best part of bean bags is that they can be made at home, easily and conveniently. All you need is cloth material, beans and the regular sewing equipment. Though a bean bag comes in a number of shapes, square and round are the most popular ones. Read the tips provided below and know how to build bean bags for children.
How to Make Kids Bean Bag
- Dry Beans (navy beans/ kidney beans/ dried peas)
- Sturdy Cloth Material (felt/ flannel/ cotton)
- Sewing Machine
- Take the cloth material and cut it into two pieces of the same shape and size. The best and easiest shapes are those of square and circle.
- Place the cloth pieces on top of each other, making sure that the better sides face inside.
- Align the edges of the both the pieces properly.
- With the help of sewing machine, sew the edges of the pieces together, leaving two inches open.
- Turn the cloth material, which has now been sewed together, inside out. This way, the seams will go inside.
- Now, start putting the beans into the cloth-bag, through the two inch opening.
- Make sure that the amount of beans is neither too less, nor too much. Full the bag with beans, leaving just enough space for them to move about easily and freely.
- Close the two-inch opening of the bag and fold both the ends in to each other.
- Sew along the seam. You have a nice, closed bean bag at your disposal.