A kid's birthday party can never be complete without a cake. Be it homemade or bought from the market, a birthday cake surely makes a party all the more special. In case you like to make cakes at home only, you must be on the lookout for new recipes on a constant basis. If this is true, then you will surely find this article to be quite useful. In the following lines, we have listed instructions on how to make a bunny rabbit cake. Go through it, make a bunny cake for your little one's birthday and see him/ her beaming with happiness.
Bunny Rabbit Cake Recipe
- Cake Mix (for two 9" round cake layers)
- 1 tub Whipped Topping
- 1 package Baker's Coconut (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 small package Licorice Whips (black or red)
- A handful of Jelly Beans or Gumdrops
- 2 9-inch cake pans
- Knife, to spread the icing
- First of all, you will have to follow the instructions on the package of cake mix and prepare two 9" round cake layers. You can make use of any flavor you want. However, keep in mind that yellow or white cake makes the fluffiest looking bunnies.
- After the cakes have been prepared, keep them aside for later use. Remember, they should be completely cooled down, by the time you use them for the purpose of icing. One of the cakes will be used for the face of the bunny and the other will be cut for making its ears and tie.
- Take a serving tray and keep the cake that you intend to use for the bunny face, in the center. Now, you will have to cut the second cake, with knife, for the purpose of making bow tie and ears for the bunny. You can make use of a template for this.
- Now, you will have to position the cake in such a way that it resembles the face of a bunny rabbit. With the whole cake placed in the center of the serving tray, arrange the ears at the top. The bow tie, on the other hand, will go under the face of the bunny.
- You will now have to attach the ears and bow tie to the bunny face. Place the whipped topping between the ears and face of the bunny as well as between its tie and face, to make sure that they hold together. Next, cover the cake, top as well as sides, with the whipped topping.
- Next, you will be required to sprinkle the coconut all over the cake. You need to lightly coat the entire cake with the coconut shavings. This will help impart the fur texture to bunny face.
- Finally, make the features of the funny, using licorice whips for the purpose. You will use them for the nose as well as whiskers. As to the eyes, attach gumdrops or jellybeans to the face. You can also use them for decorating the bow tie.