The people who live in this world differ on a number of factors, right from their nationality, race and religion to their nature and temperament. In fact, the latter two differences are much more enhanced than the former. You will hardly find two people who have exactly same personality, though there might be some major similarities. Amidst the different types of people, there is one particular category that comprises of discourteous and insensitive people. They don't have the slightest idea on how to make polite conversation and often end up hurting the people around, by their rude comments. In the following, we will tell you how to handle rude comments.
How To Ignore Rude Comments
- Believe in yourself. Never ever let the rude comments of others belittle you or make you feel inferior. You know what you are and what you are not, so don't let other people's opinions affect you.
- Almost all the people who say rude things to others are suffering from inferiority complex. They are only trying to hide their own insecurity behind the rudeness. Remember this always!
- When somebody behaves rudely with you, don't reply back. React as if you didn't even hear his/her comment or it makes no difference to you what he/she thinks. This would make the person shut up.
- Never ever try to justify yourself. A person who wants to hear your side of the story will come and talk to you, not pass rude comments. If he/she resorts to comments, nothing you say will make a different, so don't even try.
- Stay away from such people as far as possible. If it is not possible to avoid them altogether, just greet them politely and go your away.
- If things become worst, answer them back politely. People pass rude comments to make you angry and get an agitated response. If they don't get that, they will slowly start backing away.