Excess fat in the rear portion of your body may give rise of what is popularly called "saddlebags". The entire lower body seems to be bulky, just because of extra flab in the thighs and the rear end. There are many exercises that concentrate primarily on these portions of the body. You may perform them on a regular basis and remove the saddlebags very easily. However, you should also take care of your eating habits, since an overlook can result in building up of extra flab in the areas once again. If you want to know more on how to get rid of the saddlebags, the exercises mention below will prove useful.
Exercises To Get Rid Of Saddlebags
- Squats: An excellent way to get rid of saddlebags is to perform squats. This exercise helps condition the rear end of your body. It also strengthens and tones the gluteus muscles. Depending upon the accumulation of excess fat in the area, you may perform half, quarter or full squats.
- Brisk Walking: Nothing can be equivalent to this easy exercise. It is, perhaps, the most inexpensive way to get rid of the extra flab in the lower portion of your body. Walk briskly, for about half an hour, either in the morning or in the evening. Do it regularly, to tone the gluteus muscles and burn the excess fat.
- Cardio Workout: Doing cardiovascular exercises is a surefire way to tone your lower body. Consult a trainer to find out the exercises that are best suited for your body structure.
- Aerobics: In order to tone the hip and thigh muscles, you should perform aerobic exercises for at least 30 minutes, three times a week. This will prove effective in losing overall weight as well as in removing the saddlebags.
- Medicine Ball Exercises: Enroll yourself into a gym to perform medicine ball exercises. Some of these exercises have been found to be effective in toning up the lower body, thereby helping you lose saddlebags.
- Weight Training: Firm-up the rear end of your body by performing weight training exercises. To get rid of the saddlebags, you need to combine resistance training with aerobic and cardiovascular exercises. By doing this, you will be able to lose the excess fat quickly.
- Yoga: A tested and proven method to get rid of saddlebags is yoga. Yoga will make your lower body flexible and help you loose saddlebags. For best results, practice it regularly.
- Pilates: Exercises concentrated on your thighs and hips are sure to help you get rid of the saddlebags. Perform pilates on a regular basis, to provide shape to your lower body and make it more flexible.
- Fibrous Food: Eat foods that are rich in fiber. Unpolished rice, bran, oats and whole wheat bread are fibrous foods, containing carbohydrates, which prevent fats from going directly into your body. The fat is absorbed by the fibers present in the food and removed from the body through excretion.
- Lean Meat: Lean meat is a rich source of protein, an important nutrient required by the body. Complex fats stored in your body can be removed by the consumption of protein-rich meat, including chicken breast. You can also eat fish, which is a great source of protein.
- Fruits & Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables and less sugary fruits help in increasing the metabolic rate of your body. They also break down the complex fat molecules, thereby helping the body get rid of the extra flab, deposited in the form of saddlebags.
- Soy Bean Products: Another source of protein, soy bean products are considered effective in helping the body get a toned shape.