Eye puffiness has become a common problem in modern world. Apart from exhaustion, there are many other causes, such as water retention, allergies, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, high sodium levels and emotional crying, which bring about baggy eyes. Sometimes, the eyes happen to be itchy, red and swollen to the extent of soreness. If the majority of people in a family have baggy eyes, then it can be stated as a hereditary trait. Puffiness around eyes can also develop due to aging. Irrespective of the reasons behind them, baggy eyes can always be treated with some right steps at the right moment. Here, we bring you some simple home remedies, which have proven to be effective in handling this problem of baggy eyes. Read on to know how to get rid of baggy eyes and bravely fight for their shine!
Home Remedies For Getting Rid Of Baggy Eyes
- After you get up in the morning, give your face a splash of cold water. You can use cold tap water or a mixture of ice cubes and water for this purpose. If at all possible, keep on splashing water on your face for up to 5 minutes.
- Take two tea bags, soak them in water and squeeze them well. Put them in the refrigerator for chilling. When the tea bags are chilled, lie down and keep the bags on closed eyelids, for 5 to10 minutes.
- Take a cold cucumber and cut two slices out of it, about ½-inch thick. Keep the slices on closed eyelids for 5 minutes. This is effective to not only remove puffiness, but also prevent the formation of dark circles, when applied regularly.
- Since water retention is a major cause for puffy eyes, make sure to drink lots of water. It will help flush out excess salt from your body. Make a habit to drink at least 8 to 10 glass of water every day.
- Take some cotton pads and dip them in chilled milk. Now, keep them on closed eyelids, for about 10-15 minutes. This treatment offers great relief for eyes, especially after stressful computer work.
- Gently massage your eyes, by moving your finger from down, towards the upward direction.
- Prior to sleeping, do not forget to remove contact lenses, because lens irritation and drying, which in turn leads to puffiness.
- Avoid too much rubbing or drying of eyes, since it aggravates the allergies and results in puffiness.
- Reduce your salt intake, because salt can cause water retention, which ultimately leads to puffy eyes.
- In case, you find your eyes turning red and if you have excessive itchy sensation, massage your scalp with curd. This massage will help in reducing the unwanted temperature around the skin of your eyes.
- Take a potato and grate it along with its peel. Close your eyelids and apply the peel on your eyelids for about half an hour. You will feel highly relaxed and your eyes will have firm muscles.
- Every Night, get yourself proper sleep of about 7-8 hours. Sleep is the best treatment for removing the puffiness from your eyes and makes them shine.
- In case, none of the above tips helps you in getting rid of baggy eyes, you need to consult an eye care professional. Seek medical help immediately, to find out if you are suffering from any other problem or allergies.