With the hectic lifestyle and wrong food habits, keeping healthy is a very difficult job. However for different people healthy has a different meaning. While some people are happy being a bit out-shaped many people opt for six and eight packs. And, why not, when today is the time of “what is seen is what is in”. With all the celebrities gaining six and eight packs, how could you keep behind? Gaining abs is not a difficult task provided you give it time, patience, and devotion. Gaining abs can be done through two ways one by exercises by building muscles and another by losing fats. Explore the following tips to know how to get abs.
How To Build Abs
- You can incorporate certain exercise in order to gain abs. One such exercise is crunches. You can do crunches anytime and you don’t even have to visit a gym for that. lie down on the floor. Now cross your arms in front of your chest and bend your knees. It’s better to lie down on an exercise mat to prevent back strain. Now position your feet as wide as your hips and place your hand behind your head with your thumbs tucked behind your ears. Now hold your elbows out to the sides with your chin pointing upwards. Now curl up forward lifting your head, neck, and shoulders off the floor. Your chin shouldn’t touch your chest and your head should not move forward with your hands. Stay in the position for a moment and squeeze your abdomen as you are pausing. You also need to lift your head up to keep your middle and lower back in contact with the floor. Now slowly get back to the position and do 15 to 20 reps.
- Sit ups is also a great exercise for building muscles which is important in order to gain abs. for this too you need to lie down, keep your knees bent and feet and heels flat on the ground. Keep your hands crossed on your chest; now tighten your abdomen muscles by pulling in your belly button to the spine. Now sit all the way up and lift your lower back off the floor, pause for a while and then get back to the lying position. Repeat for 15 to 20 times. Once this becomes easier you could hold, weight on your chest and then do sit ups with the weight.
- While you are doing all the exercises, you need to make some changes in your lifestyle too to burn the fats of your body. With the healthy diet, you need to incorporate foods, which help in increasing the metabolism and thus help in burning fat. Some of the metabolism increasing foods are garlic, romaine lettuce, soy, berries, apples, asparagus etc. You could also take muscle-building foods for better results.
- Never in any case, skip breakfast. A proper breakfast provides the essential glucose to the brain and the nervous system and gives the body fuel to keep it running during the day. It also helps you fight with stress and fatigue and gives you energy.
- However, you could skip the dinner or even if you cannot completely skip it, you could cut down on the food portion. If you can help it, just eat some fresh fruits and vegetables for dinner. Avoid fried, junk, and processed and starchy foods. Also, keep a fixed eating routine and never in any case go on dieting or starve yourself.
- Leg lifts are also another good exercise to get fab abs. lie down the floor with your hand on your side and your legs straight. Now lift your legs up until they are in 90-degree position and then lower your leg without letting it touch the floor and repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Any cardio exercise is great for getting fabulous abs. walking on treadmill or cycling or even using stairs instead of elevators are great cardiovascular exercises and you can incorporate them in your daily exercise routine. Doing cardio exercises, will not only help you lose fat but also will help in building abs.
- You could also do weight lifting exercises to tone your muscles and to lift weights. Choose a weight that is right for your body and then start the weight lifting under the instruction of you gym trainer.
- Drink loads of water, as with exercises, you may be sweating a lot more than usual and to keep yourself hydrated you need to increase the water intake. However, don’t eat or drink milk just before the exercise. Have a gap of at least two hours before the food intake and exercise.