Biceps are the pair of muscles located in the front of the upper arm, connecting the shoulder to the elbow. These muscles are quite crucial, as they are used in everything, from turning a key to lifting heavy boxes. As a result, the strength of the arms directly depends on the strength of your biceps. The more powerful your biceps, the more heavy-duty activity can be done by your hands. When all the celebrities are opting for six and eight packs right and left, the least you could do is to build biceps. Big, bulging, strong biceps are something that guys desire for and not for wrong reasons. The sleeves hung on big biceps not only look attractive but also gives a macho feeling to a guy. Actually, biceps are one such muscle which is a signature muscle and is noticeable from all the angles. Regardless of whether you are in an Armani suit or in a toga, the biceps do show and leave impression. Hardly any man would like to have skinny biceps. Biceps are showy muscles and needs exactly that, showcasing. If you want to grab the attentions of onlookers you need to build these muscles. With little tricks and great diligence, you also can build your bicep muscles. Explore the following pointers to how to build up strong biceps.
How to Make Biceps
- The first thing which you would need to have is a proper and balanced diet, loaded with proteins and minerals. Incorporate leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet and have at least eight glasses of water every day. Unless you do these, getting big biceps would remain a far-fetched dream.
- You can either enroll in a gym or do the exercises at home. However, it is best for you to enroll in a gym for the first time. as under an instructor, you would be able to get a faster results.
- Tell your gym instructor that you would like to build biceps. Your trainer would be able to tell you best about various exercises, keeping in mind your physic and your age.
- However, there are some exercises, which are common and you could do them without a trainer too. The best exercises for biceps building would be dumbbell curl, alternate dumbbell curl, barbell curl, inclines dumbbell curl, seated wrist curls etc.
- If you are a beginner, you can start with this easy exercise. Start with a lightweight and grasp a dumbbell in each hand, with a relaxed grip.
- Keep your back straight, knees slightly bent and abdominal muscles contracted. Keep your feet flat on the surface and shoulder width apart.
- Hold the weights at your sides keeping your arms relaxed and palms facing inward. Turn your wrist such that your palm faces forward.
- Slowly bend your elbow, raising the weight up. Keep your back straight, shoulders relaxed and elbow tucked to your side.
- Raise the weight till your knuckles are 3 or 4 inches away from your shoulder.
- Focus on contracting your biceps. Hold the position for two seconds.
- Slowly bring back the weight to its original position and turn your palm inward. Try to squeeze your biceps.
- Each movement of the arm should last at least 5 seconds. Don't let the momentum do the lifting for you.
- At least do one to three sets of eight to twelve repetitions for each arm.