Nails may be just a small part of your body, but are very much noticed by others. This calls for styling them on a regular basis. While there are various styles prevalent in today's time, French manicure is the most elegant way of styling the nails. The best part is that it goes with the formal as well as the casual look. In French manicure, you polish the tips of the fingernails with white nail paint. Thereafter, the nails are with sheer polish of neutral color. French manicure goes very well with people who have short nails or nails of moderate length. In the following lines, we have given tips that will help you get a French manicure.
How to Give Yourself a French Manicure
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Nail Brushes
- Nail Files
- Manicure Scissors
- Nail Buffers
- Cotton Swabs
- Nail Clippers
- French Manicure Kits
- Manicure Kits
- Nail Cleaners
- First of all, you need to pick the materials required for beauty care. Look for a kit which has all the necessary products in a single pack.
- When you have got all the essential items, clip your nails to medium length and file them. It is very necessary to shape your nails, so that they give a uniformed look.
- Take care of the cuticles. After you have trimmed your nails, wash and dry them. Apply the base/top coat to your nails and let it dry.
- Take out a guide strip and fix it below the tip of a nail to get the natural shape of the nail which you have filed. This would ensure that you paint your nail with an even white tip, easily.
- The placement of the guide strip would depend on the length of the nail. It is generally found that the longer the nail, the longer would be the white tip. Ensure that the guide strip suits the rounded shape of the nail and all the tip lengths are relatively the same.
- Coat each nail tip white. The nail should be painted from the top of the guide to the bottom. You must ensure that the paint does not get on the body of the nail below the guide. Dry the tips after you have painted them.
- After the tip dries, take away the guides. Rub your nails gently with cotton dipped in alcohol.
- Then, apply two coats of the neutral polish. Let the first coat dry before you apply the second coat.
- Give finishing touches with a thin layer of base/top coat.