A manicure is to the fingernails what a haircut is to the head. So basically, a manicure is a cosmetic treatment for the fingernails and hands and is usually done by a professional known as a ‘nail technician’ or a ‘manicurist’. To get a professional manicure, you will have to visit a nail parlor or a salon. However, this requirement needs to be fulfilled only in an ideal world. We live in a world full of people whose hearts are throbbing to break free from the traditions and redundant practices of life. If you can relate to the ideologies of these people, then you may not see the point in going to a ‘nail salon’ or visiting a ‘nail technician’. You may as well pull off a manicure at home, but how? Well, it’s not the most difficult of things and is in fact, one of the easier challenges of life. Here’s presenting step-by-step instructions on how to do a manicure at home.
How To Do A Manicure At Home
You Will Need
- Nail polish remover
- Nail file
- Nail clipper
- Hand towel
- Buffing block
- Cuticle cream
- Orange sticks
- Cuticle scissors
- Warm water
- Liquid soap
- Hunt for a peaceful place in your home, or scurry to your most preferred place of the house. This place can be anywhere from your bedroom to your balcony or even your kitchen. It all really depends on which you like the most, nothing else matters. To make sure the chosen place look that much more peaceful, light a few candles. Just make sure that the candles are not too close to anything that can easily catch fire. You can also play your favorite songs before beginning to work on your nails.
- Start off your ‘home-made’ manicure by removing any old nail polish on your nails. You will have to use the nail polish remover and cotton to achieve this end.
- Then cut your nails with the nail clipper or nail cutter. You can cut your nails according to your desired shape and length. The nail cutter has to be sharp. A nail cutter that is not sharp enough will not help you achieve desired results.
- Once you are done cutting your nails, follow it up by filing your nails. For this, you will need a nail file. If it is not possible to get your hands on a professional nail file, you can always make do with the nail file that usually comes along with a good nail cutter. When filing your nails, do so slowly and with caution, or you may end up with nails that look too rough or jagged.
- Now that you are done with filing your nails, complement your efforts by smoothening out the rough edges with a buffing block. Also, use an orange stick to get rid of dirt or debris underneath or on top of the fingernails. This, apart from making your nails look good, will also make it look clean.
- Add a few drops of liquid soap to a bowl of clean warm water and dip the fingers of one hand into it. Then, take out your hand and wipe it dry with a clean hand towel. Finish off this by gently applying cuticle cream to the tip of each nail. Repeat this procedure for the other hand.
- This is, arguably, the trickiest step of the whole procedure. Here, you will have to use an orange stick to gently push the nail cuticle away from the nail. Then, use the cuticle scissors to carefully cut or trim dead skin. You’ve got to be extremely careful here. You don’t want to cut any live skin. Trimming live skin will only result in a lot of pain.
- Finish off the manicure by applying a massage lotion or a cream. Take a look at your hands now. They are bound to look good. Just as good as they would have looked if you had visited a salon or a nail parlor.