Straight and silky smooth hair looks all the more better, if they are given a feathery touch. In fact, if you want to give a delicate look to your hair, feathering them is a good idea. In professional terms, feathering is usually a texturing technique carried out on layered hair to create lighter, delicate ends and remove volume from specific areas. Feather-cut looks nice on almost any hair length. It's just about adjusting the angle of the texturing cut to compensate for the shorter lengths. People with razor or layered haircut are often recommended to feather their hair, because the technique is easy to adopt. You can then stylize your hair and make them look like feathers, on your own. It gives the desired soft touch to the hair by making use of simple tools, such as comb, blow dryer and a hair stylizing product. If you want to know how to feather hair, go through the easy directions given in the article.
Image: Stacie Stacie Stacie@flickr
How To Get Your Hair Feathered
- Clean Towel
- Wide Toothed Comb
- Round Curling Hair Brush
- Vent Brush
- Hair Spray/Mousse
- The first step for sporting this type of hairstyle is to clean the hair. Shampoo and condition your hair thoroughly.
- Dry your hair using a clean towel and then detangle them with a wide toothed comb.
- Make sure to cut the hair when damp since feathering can result in lots of fly-away clippings if cut when dry.
- The next step is to get a haircut. Ask your hair stylist to adopt the 'point-cutting' technique for your haircut, so that your hair strands look like feathers. Make sure that he/she uses a razor tool to soften the edges of the hair cut.
- In case you have already acquired a layered or razor cut, all you need to do is trim down 1 or 2 inches of the outgrown strands. This will given refreshed look to your haircut.
- After the hair cut is done, brush your tresses, using a round curling brush.
- It is now time to blow-dry your hair. Hold the round brush, vertically, in one hand, with the blow-dryer in the other hand. Now, start working from back to front part of your hair, curling thin vertical strips into barrel-style curls.
- Brush out the curls with a vent brush, so that the locks are in place.
- Now, apply a styling product, say a hair spray or mousse, on your tresses to hold your hairstyle.