A bathroom is the place where we wash and clean our body, take relaxing hot water showers to rejuvenate our soul and keep all our worries and tensions aside. All these processes tend to make the bathroom a haven of dirt, dust, exfoliates and bodily fluids. Combined with moisture, all these things tend to give rise to the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew. The result is that the bathroom emits unpleasant odors or stinks. Bathroom odors are a recurring problem, making the question of 'how to eliminate bathroom odors' a chronic one. One of the best ways of removing odor is to eliminate sources behind them. Let us have a look at the ways to remove the odor sources.
Ways Of Eliminating Bathroom Odour
- The bathtub should be scrubbed daily, in order to remove the dirt and grime that creates unpleasant odors. Wet tub and tiles and apply cleaner on them. Let them soak for sometime, as it makes the scrubbing process easier, by softening the dirt and grime. Now, wash it, rinsing well.
- The walls of the bathroom should be washed regularly. Dirt, soap and calcium in the walls leave a nasty, smelly residue. Scrub the walls with a brush or sponge and rinse off.
- It is very important to wash the undersides of all the bathroom accessories. The undersides of soap, body and shampoo containers kept in the bathroom tend to grow molds. So, clean them regularly.
- The toilet bowl is the main reason behind most of unpleasant odors in the bathroom. It is very essential, for both hygiene as well as removing bathroom odors, to keep the towel bowl clean. Apply a cleaner on the inside walls of the bowl and scrub with a brush. Make sure to reach the underside of the rim, before flushing. Antibacterial spray and paper towels should be used for outside of the bowl and water closet. The rim and the places under the seat demand special attention. Reach the bottom and the back areas also, for a complete cleaning process.
- Odor causing scum and mold gather quickly in the places that are constantly in touch with water. Scrub, remove soap scum and water spots, wash and wipe them dry.
- Sweep the floor and remove the dust and hair. You can use warm water and bleach, considered a great all-purpose cleaner, to disinfect and clean the floor of the bathroom. It will eliminate the problems of mold, mildew and dirt.
- Wash and clean the curtains and towels regularly. Replace old floor mats with new ones. As these things spread bad odor, from bacteria and mildew accumulated therein, cleaning will prove useful.
- The trash bins should be vacated and disinfected on a regular basis, as they are one of the major sources of unpleasant odors.
- Bath implements, like sponges and loofahs, should be replaced regularly, as bacteria tend to thrive on them.
- The bath, hand and face towels should be replaced on a daily basis, with new and clean ones.
- Minimize mildew and scum buildup in your bathroom, by drying places like sink and counter immediately after use.
- After every bath or shower, ventilate the bathroom or switch on the exhaust fan. It will reduce moisture, which encourages mold and mildew.
A bathroom freshener temporarily masks the nasty bathroom odors. However, if you want to eliminate bathroom odors permanently, you have to follow the above steps on a regular basis. Knowing the reasons for the stench and removing them from the base is the best way to deal with the problem.