A great way to enhance the inner beauty of your house and indulge in the luxuries and comforts of life is by considering a remodeling project for your bathroom. This is one place, which we often tend to overlook and ignore, as we regard it as a place of functional utility and not a luxury - a comfort. Now, you will be surprised to know that bathroom is one place where the actual personality of the owner is reflected. Investing in a good bathroom design is a good venture and can add value to your home. Remember that the main theme is to make the room functional and at the same time, elegant and comfortable.
While renovating a bathroom, most people are so involved in changing the sinks, tubs and tiles that they often tend to overlook the basic element of bathroom design. It is very essential to evaluate the overall design of the bathroom and make plans accordingly. Also, the refurbishing and renovation plans depend on the intended use of the bathroom. In case, it is the master bathroom that you plan to modify, you should make it extremely functional and comfortable. The alterations will be different if you are planning to change the guest bathroom or the convenience bathroom. For your benefit, we have provided certain basic tips to help you know how to create a cozy bathroom.
Ways To Make Your Bathroom Cozy
- The key to a cozy and efficient bathroom is in checking details. Avoid too much clutter and decors, if there is lack of space. Stick to the basic requirements, as this will make the room look clean and fresh.
- While painting the walls of the rooms, don’t go for colors that are too bold, like red or dark green. Instead, give it a smooth and mild finish, in shades of blue or pink. You can also decide on the color to match your personality and mood.
- For the cabinets, you can experiment with solid colors or neutral shades, like white in a satin finish and ivory.
- Proper lighting of the room is very essential to give it a cozy feel. It will not be a bad idea to invest in some dimmer switches, overhead lights and wall lights. Dimmers create a subtle and relaxing environment, while proving safety at the same time. Always remember that lighting is an important aspect of bathroom grooming, wherein you modify electric lights to work with the natural lights and the room arrangements.
- To make your bathroom convenient and user friendly, use well-coordinated hardware like towel bars, rings, TP holders, knobs, closets and so on. You should know where exactly will you install each of them and what purpose will they serve.
- In case you are willing to spend some extra bucks over the interiors of the bathroom, you can upgrade it with a new faucet, a stunning mirror frame, bathroom rugs and a beautifully designed shower rod. There are tons of designs and patterns available today commercially and you can take your pick depending on your choice.
- To give your bathroom more details, you can make use of scented or aromatic candles, strewn pearls for a Victorian look or even place a dolly or scarf over the tank.