If you have seen the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ series, you wouldn’t have failed to notice the infectious music that sets your foot tapping. Along with the elaborate costumes and the graceful dancers, the mesmerizing music makes you want to pull on your dancing shoes as well. One of the most popular music that grace the particular show is the Cha Cha Slide, which gives you a veritable workout even while making you dance to its tune. How beautiful it would be to dance your way to good fitness. There are perhaps very few people who do not get swayed by music and dance. And with exercise, it becomes a terrific combination. Cha Cha Slide simply does that - combine dance with exercise.
Since its creation, Casper Slide has become a rage among dance clubs and gyms. The dance form was created by DJ Casper in 1996, as a fitness dance. This aerobic workout is not only a blast to perform, but is also a very good cardiovascular exercise. No wonder, young and old of both sex are hooked onto it. Its lyrics are a set of foot tapping instructions, so it is very easy to learn and perform. The music itself guides you. However, familiarizing oneself with the steps beforehand goes a long way in smoothly conducting the Cha Cha Slide. So, if you are interested in pursuing this dance cum exercise then go through the lines & learn how to do the Cha Cha Slide.
Casper Slide Steps
Cha Cha Slide Music
Space, for dancing
"Take It To The Left!" Or "Take It To The Right!"
- First, step to the side with the left foot.
- Then, step across the left foot with the right foot.
- Now, step to the side with the left foot.
- Finally, touch the right foot beside the left.
"Take It Back Now!"
- This step is to go three moves back.
- Step with the left foot back.
- Then, put the right foot back.
- Now, again step the left foot back.
- Bring right foot beside the left.
“One Hop This Time!”
- Hop either one or two times.
- Using both feet, hop forward.
"Right (Left) Foot Let's Stomp!"
- Stomp with your left or right foot.
- Use your right or left foot to stomp down in the front.
- Cross the right foot over the left.
- Step back with the left foot.
- Step to the right with the right foot.
- Step forward with the left foot.
"Turn It Out!" Or "Go To Work!"
- Make a slight turn to the left.
- Step to the right, with the right foot.
- Step across right foot, with the left foot.
- Step to the side, with the right foot.
- Touch the left foot beside the right.
"Clap Your Hands!"
- Clap your hands fast in tune with the music.
- Jump both feet out.
- Jump and cross right foot over left.
- Jump both feet out.
- Jump both feet together.
"Side To The Left!"
- Step to the left, with the left foot.
- Slide right foot to meet the left.
- (Reverse) Step to the right with the right foot.
- Slide left foot to meet the right.
"How Low Can You Go!"
- Lean back toward the floor.
- Bend down as low as you can go, without falling.
- Pull yourself back up to a standing position.
"Hands On Your Knees!"
- Cross your hands across both the knees
- Bending the knees, bounce to the beat.
- Strike a pose and then freeze, displaying attitude.