It has only been a couple of weeks since your pregnancy was confirmed. Though receiving the news made you feel like the happiest person on this earth, you are not able to sustain the happiness, as you have started suffering from morning sickness. Every morning, you tend to get up feeling sick and dizzy and spend the entire day suffering from nausea and giddiness. So, rather than enjoying your pregnancy, the question that is constantly running in your mind is how to deal with morning sickness. We are here to help you out with this very aspect of your pregnancy. Go through the tips given below and know how to treat your morning sickness.
Tips For Dealing With Morning Sickness
- Do not keep yourself hungry, as empty stomach increases nausea. Eat something, even if in a very small quantity, right after getting up and keep yourself supplied with food at regular intervals.
- Another known remedy for morning sickness comprises of salty crackers. Keep the crackers handy and have them before getting up from the bed, in order to help settle your stomach.
- You can deal with morning sickness by adding two herbal remedies - ginger and peppermint, to your diet. The best option is to drink ginger tea or peppermint tea. You can also put a bit of the herbs in your recipes.
- Avoiding fatty food will help you get rid of morning sickness, to a great extent. Fatty, spicy and acidic food, if not properly digested, tend to increase the nausea.
- Use acupressure points technique, as it is one of the easiest methods of reducing dizziness and nausea. All you have to do is tap on specific points in the body, also called acupressure points, after learning from a specialist.
- Increase the intake of foods rich in Vitamin B. They will help reduce the nausea to quite an extent.
- When it comes to morning sickness, there is no alternative to water. Make sure that you drink plenty of water in-between meals.
- Do not take the prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach. Make sure to consume them along with your food only.
- Unless you are anemic, resist yourself from taking iron supplements. They are quite strong and can be hard on your stomach.
- Utilize the time when you are not suffering from morning sickness. Eat as much healthy food as possible and get some exercise as well.
- Inhale fresh air, to get rid of morning sickness. Fresh air is free and acts very fast on nausea. So, whenever you suffer from nausea, go to the window and breathe fresh air. You will feel the relief instantly.