The next time you buy a pumpkin, be sure not to throw away the seeds. They taste great and are really good for your health as well. Packed with antioxidants, fiber and protein, pumpkin seeds are easy and quick to prepare. They can be added to salads or kept handy for a healthy snack. So, next Halloween, do not throw away pumpkin seeds, instead save them and cook them, as they will make a great addition to almost any dish. Experience a little more autumn in your own home by cooking this delicious snack! Pumpkin seeds can be prepared in several ways, most common of which have been given below. Read through the following lines and know how to cook pumpkin seeds.
Ways Of Cooking Pumpkin Seeds
- The simplest recipe for cooking deliciously brown pumpkin seeds is oven roasting.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a bowl and toss them with 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted butter or olive oil.
- Place the seeds in an oven-safe dish or on a baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Bake the seeds in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until they turn brown. Make sure to stir the seeds after every 10 minutes.
- Place a skillet on medium flame and heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil or butter in it.
- Add the cleaned pumpkin seeds, when the oil turns hot.
- Stir and flip the seeds for about 5 minutes.
- When the seeds get nicely browned and toasted, remove and place them on a paper towel, to drain excess oil.
- Season with little salt or any other seasoning, as per your choice.
- Cool them before serving.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30 seconds, to melt the butter.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in an oven-safe dish, in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt or any other seasoning on top.
- Place the seeds in the microwave.
- Stir the seeds after 2 minutes.
- Continue microwaving and check again after 2 minutes.
- After another 2 minutes are over, continuously check and stir at 1-minute intervals or till the seeds have turned golden in color.
Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Butterscotch Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Extract
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 cups Pumpkin Seeds (roasted)
- 1 cup Almonds (crushed)
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place a large skillet on fire and melt the caramel sauce and sugar.
- Stir in the cinnamon extract and cayenne pepper, when the sauce melts.
- Cook till the mixture reaches a temperature of 310°F.
- Add the roasted pumpkin seeds and stir to coat them completely with the sauce.
- Spread the caramelized seeds on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed almonds on the seeds and separate them with a wooden spoon.
- Let them cool down and then serve.